Chapter Twelve

"Hazel! There is a boy at the door for you!" Jamie yells.

I swear to god if it is Evan I might actually punch him in the face.

Getting ready to get my punching on, I walk to the door. I almost start cursing Evan out when I realize it's not Evan. It's Danny. Why is he here?

"Go out back with him," Jamie says. He stares at Danny. I have no idea why. He is just a freak like that, to be honest.

I walk out the door and close it behind me. "Why are you here?" I ask, kind of rudely. I didn't mean it in that way, it's just how it came out.

He laughed and look down at his feet. "Just wanted to make sure you made it home."

"Well, here I am." I smile. He cracks a half smile. "Wanna sit out back and talk?" I ask, pointing to the backyard. He nods.

We walk to the back and sit on the back steps of my house. It must have rained at some point last night when I was asleep or taking a bath because the yard is filled with mud and my shoes that are falling apart are now muddy from just taking a few steps.

"Did you have fun last night?" Danny asks, trying to start up a conversation. I give him the 'really' look, earning a laugh from him. "Sorry."

I shrug, "I did have fun when Brandie was there, though." I grin. He nods his head, agreeing with me.

"I'm really sorry if I made it seem like I wanted to bang you last night." I widen my eyes at the sudden words that were just said. "I really wasn't trying to do anything."

"I kind of wish I went to your house last night." He tilts his head. "Long story."

The wind picks up and the air gets cold. I rub my arms to try and warm myself up.

"Here." He drapes his rain jacket over my arms. It's warm so I really can't complain.

It's quiet for a couple of minutes. It's an awkward silence but I am trying to ignore it. But one thing I can't help is that Evan keeps coming to my mind and it's pissing me off. I want to cry because he denied me and then leaves me the next day without telling me. For all I know, he probably left me the second I fell asleep. But I won't cry. Not in front of Danny at least.

Danny is sitting on the top step. I sat on the step below him. I lay my head on his knee. At first, Danny isn't sure if he should move his leg or not. I know that because he jumped a little when I laid my head down.

"So this rain..." He murmurs, hoping I helped him out with starting up a conversation.

I laugh and look at him, "Seriously? You couldn't come up with anything better?" He shrugs and grins. I shake my head jokingly then lay my head back down and watch as the trees slowly move back and forth. Danny hesitantly puts his arm around my shoulders.

I close my eyes to listen to the trees to move. To pretend that Danny isn't here, but I like his company. I really like him in a friend way. Just last night was a bit weird for meeting for the first time.

"Hazel?" I hear a voice yell in the distance. "Hazel?" The voice is getting closer. I slowly open my eyes. By the time I do, the voice is right in front of me. "Hazel?" The voice now sounds pissed off.

I am looking down. Those jeans look really familiar. A little too familiar. My eyes travel up the body. I know that body structure too. A little too well. When my eyes finally reach the face, I am proven right. It's Evan.

Quickly, I pick my head up. I felt as if I was doing something wrong even though I wasn't. I'm not his and he isn't mine.

"Danny." He rudely greets Danny.

Danny instantly takes his arm off of me. "Evan." He nods to him.

"Oh don't you two act like you guys known each other." I roll my eyes and stand up.

Evan looks at the jacket around my arms then back at me. He is holding the letter I left on his nightstand this morning. Good, he got it.

"I should go," Danny says to me, glancing at Evan, then back at me.

I know what will piss Evan off. Giving Danny a hug and that's exactly what I do. "Nice seeing you sober." I joke and wrap my arms around his neck, giving him a big hug. He chuckles and wraps one arm around my small body. When I go to pull back I accidentally kiss him on the cheek.

Okay, you can't accidentally kiss someone on the cheek. I just did it without thinking. I didn't do it because I have feelings for Danny, I don't at all actually. I just wanted to get back at Evan somehow and this seemed like the best option.

Danny cleared his throat and quickly moved back. He walks away quickly without saying another word.

"Danny!" Evan yells and rips his jacket off of me. Danny turns around. Evan throws him his jacket. "She doesn't need that." Danny takes it but doesn't say anything. I know he wants to but he doesn't.

Evan starts clapping. I look up at him. "Good job." He says sarcastically. I frown, not understanding why he is clapping. "Thought kissing that douche on the cheek was going to make me jealous?"

I wasn't exactly trying to make him jealous, I just wanted a little bit of revenge on him.

"Well guess what baby doll? It didn't work. I'm not the jealous kind." He whispers. I don't know what to say at all. I'm just lost for words and don't know how to defend myself right now. "We were never going to be a thing. Get that through your little mind." He holds up the letter that I wrote him this morning and rips it up and lets it fall to the muddy ground then walks away.

I feel my heart fall and shatter into a million pieces. Not because of the letter, but what he said. "We were never going to be a thing. Get that through your little mind." The words repeat in my head, making my head dizzy.

_________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! 

Danny and Hazel? Or Evan and Hazel?

Vote, comment, and share!

Playlist:

1. No Love -August Alsina Ft. Nicki Minaj

2. Lonely - Demi Lovato Ft. Lil Wayne

Comment more suggestions!!!