Chapter Fourteen

I hear the door slam behind me. If it's Evan, I want nothing to do with his jerk ass.

I walk and keep walking. My pace keeps picking up. Whoever is following me, needs to get the hell away from me. They haven't said anything but I can hear them behind me. I may snap if they say one word to me.

But then my speed slows down. I'm tired. I'm really tired. This crying, this heartbreak, it's all too much for me. I stop to catch my breath.

"Hazel." Evan's voice sounds from behind me. I close my eyes, trying to not let the tears come back. "Hazel." He touches my shoulder but I instantly shove his hand away and turn to face him.

When I look at him, I'm lost for words. Everything I was preparing to say before I showed up there and after I showed up is gone. To think I was actually going to apologize to him. I was wrong. So wrong. HE is the one that should be apologizing. Not me.

"What's wrong?"

What? No. He can't be serious right now. I know he is stupid but not that stupid.

"What's wrong?" I repeat him. He waits for me to continue. "What's wrong is you have some slut on your lap after you..."

"After I what Hazel?" He cuts me off.

I tilt my head and furrow my brows. "After you let me make-out with you..." I whisper. My voice cracks a bit from holding back the tears.

He throws his head back and laughs for about six seconds before he is back to being serious. "Hazel, I can do what I please. You wanted to make-out and that's what we did." He takes a step closer with a smirk planted on his face. "I'm not yours and I'm never going to be baby doll."

I take a step away from him. I can't be near him. I swear I am going to deck him in the face. I'm letting myself cry in front of him again and I don't care. I'm angry and hurt. I knew he was going to go back to being himself.  I just knew it!

I hate him. I hate him. I. H.A.T.E. H.I.M.

"I hope she treats you well," I say before walking away.

"Oh, Hazel come on." He yells. But I just stick my middle finger up and keep walking because that's the best thing I can do right now that won't get me in jail.

________________________________

The sky is starting to get dark and gloomy. It's almost lunchtime but we are supposed to get a storm. I just hope I make it home before it gets worse and starts to rain. But then again, I think a little rain on me would be good right now.

"Hazel get in." Evan pulls up in his dad's car. His head is sticking out the window.

"No." I cross my arms.

"Do not be stubborn." He says with annoyance. I just ignore him. "Hazel Renee get in." He demands again.

Once again, I ignore him. So he decides to speed up a bit to get ahead of me then yanks the car in park and jumps out of the car and walks up to me. I pretend not to see him and stick my hands in my hoodie pocket.

"Get in the fucking car Hazel. I'm not letting you walk home in the storm." I ignore him. I have nothing to say to him.

He stops walking so I push past him on purpose.

"Hazel," He grabs my forearm. I flinch.

Instantly, I spin around and yank my arm back. "Do not fucking touch me." He frowns.

I know, he definitely saw that flinch. I could care less right now.

I stare at him for a few seconds before walking over to the car and getting into the passenger seat. I just want to go home and get there fast. Evan can take his dad's car back to him. I wouldn't be able to face his dad anyways.

______________________________________________

"We've been in the car for a half hour. Want to stop and eat?" Evan breaks the silence.

"No." That was the first word I've said since I told him not to touch me.

I run my fingertips over the spot where he grabbed me. That was the same spot my mother use to grab me when she would drag me to go beat me. It was either dragging me by my forearm or my hair.

He sees me rub my arm.

"I don't care. We are stopping." He pulls over to an Italian Restaurant. Giovanni's. I roll my eyes but I don't care. I am hungry and haven't eaten all day.

He gets out the car and so does I. He holds the door open for me to the restaurant. Surprising right?

"For here or to go?" A host asks.

Just as I am about to say to go, Evan speaks, "For here Love." I give him the death glare but he shoots me his famous grin.

We follow her to our booth. She hands us our menus and takes down our drinks.

And here it is. Here is that moment again where it's silent but it's not that awkward silence. It's the silence that I enjoy. That silence that makes me happy. But right now, it doesn't make me happy. It doesn't make me any less upset or angry.

The waitress and host come back with our drinks and to take down our orders.

"What can I get you two?" She asks sweetly. Surprisingly, she's not hitting on Evan like every other girl would.

"We agreed on a plain pizza," Evan tells the blonde waitress. She nods and leaves, getting our order.

Evan sits forward with his hands folded. "So tell me something," I look up at him. "Why did you flinch like I was going to hurt you?" I suck in my breath sharply as an instant reaction. I didn't think he was going to ask this question.

"I just, I... uh..." I look around for anything to help me get off this subject with him.

"Tell me." He grasps my hands. I almost lose it. I could cry right now. "You should know that I would never hurt you."

"Nothing Evan," I whisper.

"Nothing? That wasn't nothing." He points outside. "If it was nothing, you wouldn't have reacted the way you did and you know that." I close my eyes as a tear escapes. "Tell me." He whispers.

"Mother."

"Mother?" He repeats me.

"My mother used to abuse me. She's the reason for the bedroom door, the mirror."

"Excuse me?" He asks shocked.

I start to cry and really cry. Cry more than I have ever cried before because I can still mentally feel the pain.

He shoots up and digs out his phone and walks outside, leaving me alone in the restaurant. 

Is he seriously leaving me AGAIN!? We just went through this ten days ago. What is with this boy and always leaving me without saying a word to me?

_________________________________

Stay beautiful xx

I need read suggestions!

This chapter song: I'll be your crying shoulder - Edwin McCain

Songs: 

1. No Love - August Alsina Ft. Nicki Minaj

2. Lonely - Demi Lovato Ft. LiL Wayne

3. I'll Be Your Crying Shoulder - Edwin McCain