Chapter Nineteen

I stir from my sleep and blink a couple times at the ceiling. I roll over and notice that I'm not in my bedroom. I'm in a place I have never been. I don't recognize this place. I quickly sit up and realize that I am not in my clothes either. I'm in a long gray t-shirt. 

I rub my eyes and stand up, taking the blanket with me, wrapped around my body. I slowly open the bedroom door but I'm not able to go any further because a tall figure is in my way. 

I look up slowly and my eyes connect with Evan's. 

What the hell?

He leans against the door frame. I take a step back. "You weren't supposed to wake up until tomorrow morning." He throws a white t-shirt over his bare body. He's only in gray boxers just like that night I slept over at his father's. 

"I have work today. I got a promotion." I barely whisper. I look out the window and see it's getting dark. 

No, no, no. It was definitely dark when Danny and I went to the club. 

"What time is it?" I ask. He raises his brows at me and pulls out his phone. 

"Seven pm."

My eyes widen. "I MISSED WORK!" I start panicking. It was my first day back to work with a promotion and I missed work! I didn't even call them! They are going to fire me!

Evan walks passed me and sits on his bed I assume. I turn to face him. He's putting a pair of red shorts on along with his sneakers. Where is he going?

"Don't worry babe, I already called them and told them you wouldn't be in until tomorrow." 

I frown and take a look at the bed. An image pops up in my head; an image I never wanted to imagine.

Evan glances at the part of the bed where I am staring at. He closes his eyes as if it is causing him pain. His grasps at his hair like he always does when he is in this type of mood.

"Hazel please don't." I bite my lip and bite it a little too hard that I think I might cause it to bleed. 

 "Is this..." I point to the bed. 

He stands up quickly and walks towards me. I take a step back. I don't want to be touched by him. It is already bad enough that he probably slept in the same bed as me. I know for a fact that he is the one that undressed me too. This stupid cloth I'm wearing smells exactly like him. 

I'm ready to cry and I am almost positive he is going to get annoyed once again from my crying but I can't help it. 

"Hazel." He speaks as if me backing away from him hurt him. But he's not fooling me, I won't allow him to. I know him all too well. He doesn't have a heart but he wants you to think that. But if I'm wrong and he does, it's cold, really cold. 

"Just tell me, Evan."

He releases a small breath he's been holding. "Yes." 

I quickly close my eyes. "Oh my god." Like I said, the tears come down. I can't help. It hurts, it really hurts. I was truly starting to have feelings for him and he ruined that.

"Hazel, baby, you don't know what happened." He speaks softly. 

I don't want to hear it, but I want to. So I don't fight against it. 

"I was pissed off; angry. I had been fighting with my father that morning before you woke up. I left to go meet up with her to... fuck." I cringe at the words. "But when I arrived at her house. I couldn't get you out of my mind. The way I saw your body... how badly I wanted it but I couldn't do that to you." 

"Just continue." I interrupt him. 

He frowns but continues. "I walked in and her being the whore that she is, was in her bra and booty shorts. I told her I couldn't fuck her because of you. Then she blackmails me."

I wait for him to go on with the story but he doesn't. "Well?" I hint at him. 

"I can't tell you the rest right now Hazel." 

I roll my eyes and grab my clothes. "Then I'm leaving." 

"You're not going anywhere. You're going to be walking for three hours to get home." He chuckles. 

Shit, I forgot we're not at his father's house. 

"That's what I thought." He whispers in my ear. "Now I'll be down the street and won't be back until late." 

"Doing what?"

He freezes for a moment like he just got caught. "Work."

Work? I thought Eric paid for everything including his new apartment. He does have the money but as far as I knew, Evan didn't have a job. Unemployed. 

He grabs a gym bag off a chair and walks out the door, shutting it quietly. I run to the bedroom and dig in his drawers and pull out a pair of black sweatpants. I put my worn down shoes on and sneak out of his house. 

I have to find out where he is going. I need to know what "work" is.

I keep a good distance behind him. He walks up to what looks to be an old abandon factory. He opens a large door and shuts it behind him. When he does, I quickly rush over to the door and open it very slowly. It creeks and I quickly hide behind a wall when Evan turns around. 

"Peters! You're late!" I hear a few dudes. I glance around the corner. 

"Had some stuff to deal with. Get security to check the surroundings." Evan glances around the building one last time. 

They all walk down a hallway. I come out of hiding and glance around. I can see a few older men standing in a room. There are flashing lights. I quietly walk over to the door to scoop out what is in that room. 

I peek around the door without being seen. 

A boxing ring?

____________________________________________

Sorry I haven't been updating! My son is teething and just got his first tooth.

Vote if you want. I love your comments! Keep them coming!(:

Smile, you're beautiful!