Chapter Forty-Two

Adam. That bastard. I thought I would never have to see him again. I hate him more than I hate Evan at times.

"What are you doing here?" My heart rate starts to pick up.

He takes a seat on the bench in front of us. He points to the bench, kind of demanding me to sit down in a silent way. I do as I'm told.

"You know I've missed you, Hazel?" The grin is big on his face.

"I'm leaving now goodbye Adam." As I go to stand up, he reaches out for my wrist and pulls me right back down.

"Oh, no you're coming with me darling." The grin has now disappeared from his face.

I throw the burner phone at his face and try to run but he catches me by my arm before I can get far. 

I take a deep breath and look into his eyes. He looks really upset. Oops. 

"Let's go." He takes me to a black SUV and shoves me into the back seat, climbing in after me. He's sitting close, a little too close for my comfort. 

A person I've never seen before in my life is driving. He looks a little nervous, scared maybe. But his arms and neck are covered in tattoos. In the rear-view mirror, can see tattoos of teardrops under his eyes. Adam has the same tattoos. 

I look around and realize we are leaving town. "Adam, where are you taking me?" 

"A place where no one can hear you scream." He speaks with no emotion in his voice. 

He has to be joking right?

I quickly start thinking of a plan. I don't know how to get a hold of Evan. I don't remember his phone number. The only people's numbers I remember is my uncle's and Evan's father's. Evan's dad! Eric! Why didn't I think of calling him before!?

"You could of let me use the bathroom before you kidnapped me. Be a little considerate." Adam just stares at me. "I'm just going to pee in your car on the seat." I make it clear in my voice that I am clear free.

"Pull over at a gas station." Adam tells the driver. "Don't try anything stupid. I'm watching you." I give him a fake smile then roll my eyes. It's what I'm best at. Just ask Evan.

We pull into a small gas station. Adam and I go inside so I can use the restroom. 

"Hi, do you guys have a restroom?" I kindly ask. 

"Yes, right this way." The young cashier gestures me. 

Adam starts following us. I stop and turn around. "I can pee on my own. I'm a big girl." I yell loud enough that the cashier could hear me. 

Adam rolls his eyes but stays standing there. I continue to follow the cashier. When we get far enough away from Adam to where he can't see or hear us I desperately pull the cashier by his shirt down to my level. 

"Give me your phone." 

"What? No." 

"I'll give you money, I'm desperate."  He looks at me completely confused but hands me his phone. 

Quickly, I dial Eric's number. But no answer. I know I can't give up because Adam is going to end up hurting me to get back at Evan. So I call over and over again. He's going to eventually answer, I know he will. 

After the seventh call, the phone finally picks up. "Hello?" 

"Eric! It's Hazel. I need help." 

"Are you okay? You're worrying me. Did Evan do something?" I can hear the concern clear in his voice. 

"Technically yes. But no."

"What?" 

"Never mind. I need you to get a hold of Evan. Just tell him I'm with Adam." My voice starts to get shaky. 

"Okay," He's confused. "But what's..."

"Thank you! Have to go! Bye!" 

When I walk out of the bathroom I see Adam watching me. I sneak the young man back his phone so Adam wouldn't know. 

"Ready babygirl?" He grins. 

"Always." I respond sarcastically and head back to the car. 

I have faith that Evan is going to find me. Even if he's not speaking to me or even if he wants nothing to do with me, he wouldn't let Adam hurt me. He wants me safe and nowhere near Adam. At least I hope he does. He cares, I know he does.