Chapter Sixteen

I don't get it. Why does Evan suddenly care if I get hurt? He didn't the past two weeks when he was the one that was hurting me. I don't understand him but I wish I did. I wish I understood what went through that mind of his. 

I go to get out of the car when Evan pulls me back and kisses me on the lips. 

And there it is... that soft touch of his lips, the warmth. That weird feeling that I like that goes through my body every time he kisses me deeper and deeper. I love it but yet I hate him. 

As I go to go in a little deeper, he pulls away, biting his bottom lip. I look at my house, knowing I rather put up with him than go back in there but I have to. I have to call Brandie and apologize for ditching her at work, though she never apologized for ditching me at the club two weeks ago. 

"Hazel you don't have to go." He looks serious but I don't think I could be around him any longer. I wouldn't want his girlfriend getting mad because he cheated on her; I know I wouldn't like it if I was in her shoes. 

I smile and place my hand on his cheek and caress it gently. He frowns and freezes. "I can't do that. You have a girlfriend." I whisper and give him a kiss on the cheek. 

I get out the car and give him a small wave. He watches me as I walk into my house. He doesn't blink; It's like he is in shock. 

"Hazel." I'm startled by Brandie standing there. I nearly have a heart attack. I rest my hand on my chest to let her know she scared me.

"Jesus Christ Bran." I take a seat on the couch and look up at her. 

Oh, no. She looks pissed. 

"Where the hell were you?" She raises her voice. Oh yeah, she is PISSED.

"Look, I know I did a no call, no show and I am sorry. I just had something really important that I needed to take care of." 

She rolls her eyes. "So being with bad boy hottie was more important than you being at work?" I frown. "Oh yeah, he called me." She shows me her phone. 

Is that who he was on the phone with outside of Giovanni's? Was he yelling at her? What could they possibly be talking about and when the hell did he get her number? 

"What did you guys talk about?" I stand up and cross my arms. 

She smirks. "It's really none of your business." She mocks me by crossing her arms with an attitude. 

"Yeah, the hell it is." 

The front door opens. "Shit." Evan's voice appears. He walks in a little further until he is standing between Brandie and me. 

"I have the right to know what you two were talking about," I say, trying to keep my voice calm. Evan glances at Brandie and starts to rub the back of his neck. Now I know it's not good. 

She starts laughing again. "You have a right to know?" She takes a seat on the couch and crosses her legs with her hands on her knee. "Evan, didn't you say you don't belong to her?"

"Brandie." He warns. 

"Which means you," She points to me. "Don't need to know jack shit." 

"Get the fuck out of my house bitch," I snap. I don't know why she is acting like this. I did nothing wrong to her. She is my best friend or was at this point. 

"Bitch?" She throws her head back in laughter. "I wasn't going to break your little heart today... yet." She takes out a cigarette and places it between her lips and lights it up. She takes a drag before continuing. "But I think I will now." 

Evan turns in a circle and pulls at his hair. "Brandie just leave." He demands. His voice is getting louder each time. "Do not do this." 

He doesn't want me knowing something. I already feel my heart breaking. Breaking into a million pieces. Even if it's going to hurt me more, which obviously it will, I don't care. I need to know. 

"Go ahead, Evan. Tell her." I look at Evan, tears are already preparing to come pouring out. He sees the tears and sucks his breath in. "Tell her or I do."

"Fine!" He yells. "Fuck." 

She giggles and sits back, getting ready to see a show. 

"That day when I came to visit you at your work," His voice is shaky. "I had run into her before you came in for your shift. We exchanged numbers and she totally came onto me first." He defends quickly.

"Bullshit."  She yells and takes another drag. 

"But anyways, she was supposed to help me get you drunk, which you did that Friday night, so I could get in your pants..." My mind flashes back at that Friday night. I have no words to say. I'm hurting but not as much as I thought I would. "But when I gave you a bath, I realized I couldn't do that to you." 

"Shut the fuck up and continue." Brandie acts like she was disgusted by what he said. 

He gave her the middle finger before going on with the sick story. "When I left you in the morning, it was to go meet up with Brandie," I look away from him and look at her. She is enjoying this. "To fuck." He attempts to say under his breath. 

There it is. The moment I was waiting for. The moment where my heart would fall to the ground and break into a million pieces. This is what a heartbreak is. 

My eyes close as tear after tear come down each side of my cheeks. I feel a touch on my shoulder. I expected it to be Evan but it wasn't, it was the whore. 

"I'm sorry baby. Guys are assholes." She pretends to comfort me. 

I shove her away from me. She falls onto the couch and I leap onto her, wrapping my hands around her neck. 

At that moment, I wanted to kill her. I wanted her dead. Her and Evan. I just haven't gotten to him yet. I rather go to jail than to act like this didn't hurt and that I wasn't angry with them at all. 

"Hazel!" Evan yells. He sounds so distant when I black out. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me off of her. I kick and throw a fit. Brandie stands up, holding her neck. She is shocked that I actually did that. 

"What the hell is going on here!?" Uncle Bobby walks in. We disturbed him out of his sleep. 

Perfect, just what  I needed.

"What happened is your niece just tried killing me!" Brandie yells. He looks at me, noticing the tears. 

"Get the hell out of my house Brandie." He points to the door. 

She rolls her eyes and walks up to me. "I've been with him the entire time he hasn't talked to you. Fucking me every day." She pushes past me. I go to attack her again but Evan pulls me back. Uncle Bobby grips my forearm and drags me to the couch. Evan takes a seat next to me. Uncle Bobby is sitting in his favorite chair, lighting up a cigar. 

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't beat your ass bringing that shit into my house." 

Evan goes to say something to Uncle Bobby for threatening me but I stand up before he can and look at him, "I want nothing to do with that whore or him." I say. Uncle Bobby looks at Evan. 

I leave them, going up to my room where I can be alone. Just me, myself, and my heartbreak.

___________________

Ayeeee I kind of enjoyed this chapter. Hope you guys did as well!

I been updating like crazy! Great news, I'm on summer break for school in two weeks! I need a break from college!

Song Suggestion: Been Through It All - MGK