Chapter Thirty-Four

I lay here in bed with Evan Peters, naked. I never thought that I would actually have sex with him. I hate him. I mean I partially hate him but still.

He's rolled over on his side away from me, sleeping. I can still smell the alcohol on him. He's going to need a shower desperately when he wakes up. He makes little snoring sounds and it's kind of cute. 

Quietly, I sneak out of the bed, put my clothes back on and cover him up with a blanket. As silent as I can, I leave the room and close his bedroom door behind me. The floor creaks as I walk down the hallway, back to my bedroom. 

*   *   *

"Yo!" There's shouting and banging at my bedroom door, making me jump out of my sleep. 

What the hell?

I quickly run over to my door before Evan disturbs Haley out of her sleep. I open the door up and there stands Evan with bed hair and only in his boxers, tapping his foot with his arms now crossed. 

"Is there something wrong?" 

"Yes!"  

I start to panic. "What? Are you hurt? What's going on!?" 

"Well for one, why the hell did I wake up in my bed at my father's house? And why did I wake up naked?" I roll my eyes and grab him by the arm, yanking him into my room and closing the door behind him. 

"Do not wake your sister up!" I say with annoyance. 

"And two!" He starts pacing back and forth while I take a seat back on my bed, listening to him bitch about any and everything. "Where the hell is my father?" 

"On a business trip." 

He stops and looks at me confused. "A business trip? And they just left Haley with you? They left the house to you!?" 

"Excuse me?" I'm offended. "Unlike you, they actually trust me."

He raises his brows, "You're really going to play that game with me? You went through my private shit! The box was locked and you went out of your way to find the key and unlock it!" 

"You're right." I don't try to argue. He's right, I shouldn't have gone through his stuff without his permission. I would be mad if I were him. So I can't complain about him yelling at me.

"I'm leaving and taking my sister with me. Just remember Hazel, they have cameras around  the house so don't think you can steal anything and get away with it."

"What?" I jump up. "You can't take Haley and I don't steal." 

"Yes, I can and I will." I go to say something but he continues to talk instead of giving me the chance to. "I don't want anyone or anything hurting Haley and I clearly can't trust you." I throw my head back in laughter. I finally get it. 

"What?" He asked, unclear as to why I am laughing so hard. 

I stand up and walk towards him until I'm only an inch away from him. I cross my arms and plant a huge smirk on my face. "Admit it Evan Peters, you plot every single night before you go to bed and when you wake up how you can ruin my life and hurt me. You like hurting people Evan." His brown eyes just stare into mine. "That or you're afraid to be with me. You're afraid to be hurt again just like V hurt you."

Suddenly he pins me against the wall, his brown eyes have turned black and his face is heated. I can hear his heart beat from here. "Hazel, I'm not that kind of guy." I think about what he said for a minute. What does he mean he's not that kind of guy? "I'm the kind of guy that likes to break promises. I don't keep them." He totally curved ball the "V" conversation.

 "I can't be around you." He whispers into my ear as if he is trying to seduce me. "You're a drug to me..." He kisses my neck. 

"But I want you around." I don't recognize my own voice. Why am I saying this to him? We both hate each other. At least that's what I thought. Maybe I do have feelings for him but I don't want to have feelings for a guy that likes to hurt people, who can't keep promises. 

I wasn't this girl a couple months ago. I was like Evan, I didn't do relationships. I stayed single. The only difference was that I was taught that relationships are no good, Evan learned his lesson when he got his heart broken by a girl. Now here I am, wanting a relationship with Evan Peters. Wanting to be with him forever or as long as I can get. Even if that means I can only have him for a day. I'll take what I can get.

"Hazel, I can't. I stay away for weeks at a time for a reason. I had sex with your best friend, yet you still want me? I don't get it. Why do you even still want to be with me? I hurt you all the time."

My heart breaks little by little with each word he says. This is him rejecting me and my heart. "I thought you regretted doing that?  I thought you didn't do it on purpose?"

He tugs at his hair and begins pacing back and forth again. "Baby girl, you don't just have sex with someone on accident. Yes, I was angry and had a few drinks but I knew what I was doing. I knew it would hurt you, so I pushed it to the back of my head while I was inside of her." 

He's doing it. He's hurting me on purpose. He's getting what he wants; to see me weak and breaking apart. He must be proud of himself for being able to destroy me like this. 

I stare at the ground, trying to gather myself but it's not going so well. I already know my face has gone ghost white. I can feel my heart in my throat. I can feel the tears at the corner of my eyes. 

"What Hazel?" 

I don't look at him. I can't look at him, I refuse to. He'll get everything he wants. He'll enjoy looking me in the eyes and knowing that he was able to destroy my life, my heart. 

"Don't call me baby girl when all you want to do is hurt me." I can barely hear my own voice over my thoughts but I know that Evan heard me.

I leave the room before I can hear anymore hurtful words come out of his mouth. I leave the house, I know he will take care of Haley. He wouldn't let anything or anyone hurt her. I need air. I need to gather myself before I completely fall apart. I can't let a heartbreak kill me. 

I don't know if he notice this, but I have... Evan turned into V. Evan is now V. Because of her, my heart is destroyed and nobody, not even myself can repair it. Because of her, I will never want to be in a relationship. I wasn't even in one to get hurt.

_______________

Hey hey! I hope you guys are entering your books into the wattys!

Smile, you're beautiful.