Chapter Twenty-Three

"Hazel?" Mark knocks on the door and walks in, not giving me a chance to answer him. "Are you ready?"  

No, I'm not. I don't want to go out there and see those bastards hurt Evan. But I also don't want to see Evan take his anger out on me. He has a habit of doing that to me. 

Mark walks over to me and helps me up. "Come on, we can't keep them waiting."

Against my will, he drags me out to Evan. You can tell he is nervous. He is pacing back and forth. His arms are throwing small air punches. It even looks like he is trying to calm himself down by talking to himself. 

I lean against the wall. He looks me right in the eyes and walks over. He presses his body against mine and grasps my jaw in his right hand as his left hand is on the wall. He squeezes my cheeks so I make a fishy face and kisses me hard for three seconds. 

He backs away, this time his eyes are darker than what they usually are. He turns away and goes over to stand next to a man who is extremely buff. 

"Hazel you need to stand behind Evan." Mark lightly pushes me behind Evan. 

Evan turns around and winks at me. 

This is where everything begins. Where anger and cheers fill the room. Someone is going to be seriously hurt and it's not going to be pretty whats so ever. 

I feel the color drain from my face when the referee calls him out. 

"EVAN PETERS!" 

And there goes Evan walking out to the boxing ring with his red gloves on and his mouthpiece in his mouth. The crowd goes crazy.

I lean over to Mark and whisper in his ear, "I thought they were supposed to say his weight?" He looks at me shaking his head and laughing as if I said something stupid.

"Come on," He puts his hands on my shoulders and gives me a small push to start walking. 

As I'm walking out there, I can feel everyone's eyes on me. The crowd gets quiet. I look at Evan who is just staring at me with dark eyes. I can't tell if he is mad at me or if he is just wanting to stare at me. 

I take a seat on a metal chair, it's very cold. The fight is about to begin...

"EVAN DON'T!" I jump up. Everyone stops and stares at me. 

"Oh come on!" Adam yells.

I see Evan roll his eyes with annoyance. He slightly turns and gives me a look, that I know is saying "stop or else..." I huff and sit back. There's nothing I can do about what's going to happen. I need to accept that but I don't think I can.

My thoughts in my head drown out the noises around me. I can only hear myself. The fight begins and I feel like it's going in slow motion to torture me. I hate it. I hate it. I HATE IT.

Adam throws the first punch but misses Evan. Thank God for that! He throws another, misses him again. He repeats that three more times. Why isn't Evan throwing punches? 

Adam calls a time-out. Evan walks over to the edge of the ring, where I am and leans down. He signals for me to come over, I do as I'm told. 

"Can I have a kiss?" I question, hoping that my kiss would make him realize he shouldn't be doing this at all. He gives me a stern look. 

For a moment I think that he might actually give me a kiss because he is leaning down further. But then he points to the table. "Hand me my water bottle." I hand him his water bottle and wait for him to finish to see if he will give me a kiss then. But he doesn't. He hands me back the water bottle and stands up. "We're not in a relationship Hazel. Get that out of your head." He walks back over, getting ready for another round. 

The bell rings and the two of them walk in a circle with their arms in the air. 

"Evan please!" I scream at the top of my lungs. It catches him off guard and makes him turn to look at me. But just as he does, Adam uses that to his advantage and punches him in the rib, then kicks his feet out from under him, and punches him in the face twice. 

"EVAN!" I scream as loud as I can as if that would even do anything.

Mark jumps up and grabs me to set me back down, but I fight him. After about twenty seconds go by, he gives up and jumps up onto the boxing ring. There lays Evan with blood coming from his forehead and nose. He doesn't move... not one tiny bit. 

Oh, my god, he's dead! That asshole killed the man I love!!!

"Evan get up man!" Mark yells. He doesn't budge. 

I jump into the ring and run after Adam.  I start hitting him and kicking him as if I was strong enough to hurt him.

"I hate you!!! What did you do to him!" I scream. I repeated myself a dozen times. 

Strong arms pick me up and start carrying me away from the man who is smirking at me. I'm screaming and crying. Why would he do this!?

"Hazel chill!" I hear Evan's voice yell. "I'm fine!" I sat back on my chair. I look up and still see the blood dripping down his face. 

He's alive! Oh, thank god!!! I jump back up and wrap my arms around his neck and start sobbing. But he pushes me away. "Don't distract me." 

He gets back into the ring, ready to start another round.

He's seriously going to keep fighting!?!?

"Can't wait to take that sweet prize of your home,"  Adam says with a cocky attitude. He winks at me. Suddenly Evan stands up straight. Blackness has taken over his brown eyes. His hands turn into fists. His face turns red. He doesn't look over at me, he doesn't even take his eyes off of Adam. 

The bell rings and Evan runs up to him, slams his body onto the ground, making it known that Adam has got a concussion by the way his head bounced off the ground twice and took his fist to Adam's face.  Over and over and over again. It seemed like nobody was going to stop him.  

But I needed to before he killed Adam... just like how Adam almost killed him a few minutes ago...

______________________

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! Been busy with finals and starting new classes! Happy summer time guys!!

Smile, you're beautiful!