Chapter Five

Shrugging off that Evan was being a complete dick, I cook up some glazed ham with some bacon mash potatoes with a side of corn.

It's close to 6:30. I have to get ready soon so I rushed through making dinner. Now I am just hoping that it's good because if not, Uncle Bobby is going to scold me and there is a 99% chance that Evan is going to laugh his ass off and make fun of me.

"Dinner!" I yell, finishing setting the table. I bring the food to the table as the boys come in and sit at the dinner table.

Evan takes a seat across from me. He smirks at me as he piles the food onto his plate. He's waiting to judge my food, I know it.

Uncle Bobby waits for Eric and Evan to take the first bite. Well, actually he's more of waiting for Eric to take the first bite. I don't think he really cares about what Evan thinks. I do, though.

Eric chews the glazed ham for a minute then looks up at me and smiles, "Do you always make good food?" Uncle Bobby instantly smiles and digs in. I shrug and smile, taking a bite of the food on my plate.

I look at Evan, who is eating the bacon mash potatoes. He swallows it. I see his tongue go over to the side of his cheek. He is repeatedly blinking at his plate. He doesn't know what to say. I don't even know if that is a good or bad sign.

He blinks up at me. I pop a piece of ham in my mouth and flash him a smirk.

"It's alright." He mutters under his breath.

"I'm sorry, could you speak up?" I say cheekily.

"IT'S ALRIGHT!" He nearly yells. I smirk at him and continue to eat.

I hope I pissed him off. Just like how he likes to piss me off every day.

The rest of dinner is pretty quiet between Evan and I. But Uncle Bobby and Eric are talking about work and promotions coming up.

After a good ten minutes of silence, I abruptly stand up when I see the time on the stove. I don't want to be late to my free time. Everyone looks at me.

"I am so sorry. I have to go." I whisper the last part. Uncle Bobby frowns at me. Yeah, he is pissed off. Evan just rolls his eyes but Eric smiles and nods his head.

"Thank you for dinner Hazel." I welcome him and clean up my plate then rush up to my room. I grab the house phone on my way up there and dial Brandie's number quickly. It's already 7:15. It takes me a good hour for me to get ready.

Her phone rings and rings. By the last ring, she answers the phone. "Hello?"

"Brandie! We are still on for tonight right?" I rush to ask. I need to get out of this house. Honestly, I don't want to see my cousin or their kids. They all hate me and I hate them. Also, I don't want to be here with asshole Evan anymore.

"Yeah, of course. Let me fix myself up and I will be over. Are you okay?" She questions.

"Oh yeah. Just excited to get out." I lied.

"Alright, see you soon." The line goes dead.

I quickly dig through my closet. I honestly don't have that many clothes because of bills I have to pay for. I know there has to be at least one cute outfit in here somewhere...

I pick out a summer white dress. It's strapless and comes to my knees. Since summer is about to end, I could wear this one last time. I grab the leather jacket that I have had for the past four years. I am surprised that it still fits me well.

I grab my curl iron and heat it up while I apply my eyeliner and red lipstick. I'm not much of a lipstick kind of person, but when you are going to a club with a fake ID. I think it's necessary. I quickly curl the end of my hair so it's not so boring like.

I see headlights pull into my driveway. Brandie is here thank God. I throw my boots on and run down the stairs, sneaking past the guys before they see me. Especially Evan. That would be bad.

I nearly run down the driveway and hop in Brandie's car.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Brandie laughs.

I nod. "Can we just go?" I ask, hoping she just lets it go and quickly gets out of here.

She gazes at me for a moment then puts her car in reverse and backs out of the driveway. As we pull out into the road I see Evan walk out of the house and get into his black mustang and start it up. He doesn't see me. Good.

I watch in the rearview mirror and see him pull out onto the road and go the opposite direction.

_____________________

"BRANDIE!" A guy I have never met yells. Brandie turns around and gets excited and throws her arms open. The strange man hugs her tightly, picking her up then set her back down on the ground.

"Is this your friend?" He gestures me.

Brandie smiles and nods, grabbing me by my hand and pulling me closer to her. "Yes! This is Hazel!" The man nods at me and holds out his hand. I shake it, still unsure of who this man is. "Hazel, this is George." She finally introduces to me.

My mouth forms an 'o' shape. "Oh, you're the famous George our little Brandie brags about." I wink at her. She slaps me on the arm. I pretend it hurts.

He laughs. "Yes, that's me." He digs into his pocket and pulls out two cards. "Here you girls go. Have fun." He winks and walks away.

We head towards the entrance. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!" She yells at me in a whisper. I shrug and hand the security guard my card, so does she. He looks at our cards then at us and repeats that five times.

My stomach turns. He knows they are fake. He isn't going to let us in. I know it. We are going to be in so much trouble. I knew this was a bad idea. Shit.

He stands to the side to let us in. I am actually shocked he believes us. As we walk by he hands us back out ID. Brandie thanks him.

"Time to get our drink on!" Brandie yells over the music blasting.

Above the bar, there is a sign that says "GRAND OPENING." There are about a hundred to two hundred people dancing. This whole place is packed with young and older people. There is definitely a lot of energy in here.

We sit at a table. Brandie starts dancing in her seat. She is so excited and I love seeing her like this. It gets me excited.

"Who wants drinks?!!?" George walks up with a tray of drinks. There is another young man with him. This man has dirty blonde hair that is in a quiff. He has green eyes. He doesn't necessarily have that bad boy image.

"Me!" Brandie shouts. She grabs two shots and hands me one. The boys pick up their shots. "On the count of three." We all agree. I sniff it. It's a shot of vodka. "One.... Two.... Three!" I bring the shot glass up to my lips and take the horrible taste. The burning sensation is real when it goes down my throat.

George hands each of us a beer bottle. Brandie continues to dance in her seat. You can tell George has feelings for her by the way he is watching her.

"Hey, I'm Danny." George's friend takes a seat next to me.

I greet him with a comforting smile. "Hazel."

He takes a sip of his beer. "Can I tell you something, Hazel?" He shouts over the music.

"Of course."

He leans into me. "I was watching you as we got ready to take those shots... and I must say, your eyes are gorgeous." He whispers in my ear.

________________________________

Are these chapters too long? If so let me know! I'll cut down.

Hope you enjoy!

I clearly haven't been following my chapter updates schedule because I been updating almost every day and I'm sorry! I'm really into this.