The Creature Within.

"Try to catch me!" I laughed in a playful voice across the lawn of a small home while I was running around happily. "It wouldn't be much hard would it?" He answered cheerfully as he pursued me. My intendeds brother who was to comfortable with his flirtatious remarks. Yet I couldn't bring myself to stop him, he was very charming. He was faster than me and a few moments I found myself in his arms. I screamed playfully and he laughed as he pretended to bite me like an animal. "You've caught me." I laughed as his breath tickled my neck. I turned my back to him with a smirk. "You do not have to compete with me, Thalia..." He gently touched my ear with his lips and I nearly melted. "Because you will lose." He whispered and I turned to face him. My eyes met his beautifully stunning blue orbs that gazed at me. "I like loosing." I replied playfully and I wrapped my arms around his neck. My fingers tangling in his golden curls at the nape of his neck. He chuckled. "Are you flirting with me, Thalia?" He asked in a whisper and he slid his fingers to my face. "I haven't quite decided yet." I told him and he pulled me closer. "Boys!" The voice of his mother broke this so vulnerable moment between us. He separated from me and turned to face his mother. "Come, dinner is almost ready." She said then she threw a cold stare to me and headed home. "I'll be right back." He told me warmly. "Do not run away from me." He added jokingly then followed his mother leaving me alone in the garden. I smiled and sat on the edge of the pond in the middle of the garden. I looked into the crystal water for a moment, looking at my reflection. Guilt crossed my mind. I was not supposed to be with this man, at least not like that. I loved his brother yet I knew I had strong feelings for him as well. I felt so lost in their love not knowing which brother I cared for the most. "Did my brother leave you out here alone, Thalia?" I knew that voice too well. I turned and my face lit up when I saw him there. "Elijah!" I screamed happily and rushed into his arms. He and his father had gone to another village on a hunting trip for more than a week. I was so glad that he finally came back. "I missed you, Lijah." I added, my eyes met his. Again guilt passed over my mind. He was the man I loved the man I had been with for almost a year and I did love him yes, but I also felt for his brother. "I missed you more, my dear sweet Thalia." He said softly and his lips gently touched mine. I closed my eyes and pressed my body against his. His arms wrapped around my body and the kiss turned into more passionate and demanding one. Elijah soon broke it gently and tenderly stroked my face with his knuckles "There's something I want to talk to you about, Thalia." Elijah said slowly as he took my hand in his. "What is it, Lijah." I asked worried. "During the past few weeks without you I realized something. I realized that my life without you is empty and meaningless. I want you for myself, Thalia. I couldn't live without you." He began and I gasped as he knelt in front of me. "I love you, Thalia. Will you do me the honor of being my wife?" I was left without words. This came out of nowhere. "Lijah." I paused as I held his hand. I was stunned. In a moment I decided. I loved him and I would not hurt him by nurturing the feelings I had for his brother. I would not hurt Elijah like that. "I would like nothing more." I nearly sang with a smile. His face lit up as he slid a gold band with a small stone onto my delicate finger before he got to his feet and lifted me into the air. "And so we shall be married." He Beamed. "Yes, we'll be married." I restated as I looked across the field, to his brother who was watching in disbelief. I felt myself sink inside a the thought of him watching what had just occurred. I swallowed hard as Elijah sat me on my feet and tried to shake the image of his brother away.