Chapter 9

(Y/N) - your name
(Y/S) - Your symbol
(Y/T/B) - your twin brother
(H/C) - hair color
(H/L) - Hair length
(E/C) - eye color

______________________
(Y/N pov)

I open my eyes to see that I was not in the attic that I fell asleep in, but sitting on a tree stump in a dark forest with a light fog rolling in. Everything seems to be black and grey...

I feel a tap on my shoulder which makes me jump and attack whoever was sitting next to me.

"OW, (Y/N), CHILL IT'S ME!", I then notice that it's just my twin brother and I quickly get off of him.

"Sorry, (y/t/b), I panicked...", I sheepishly apologize.

He looks around and asks, "um...where are we?..."

"I...don't know...", I slowly answer him.

We both stand up from our sitting position on the stump and slowly look around to try and find something that can help us.

"Are we having the same dream again?...", I ask (y/t/b).

"You could say that", a calm man's voice that was NOT my brother answers.

Our eyes widen as we look around for the mysterious voice. But nobody else seems to be around...

My brother holds onto me tightly as he asks me, "Uh...who...was that?"

"Well, why don't you just ask me?", the mysterious voice asks with little emotion.

This time I ask the voice, "alright...who are you?"

There was a pause of silence before the voice answers, "a friend". But the man behind the voice continues to stay hidden.

Not knowing where the voice is coming from, I look all around as I say, "I mean your name"

The voice chuckles as he responds, "I can't quite tell you that yet"

(Y/t/b), a bit agitated asks, "well, can you at least tell us where we are?"

"A monochrome forest It appears to be", The voice hums his answer.

Both me and (y/t/b) tell him, "that's not an answer either"

"It's my answer", the mystery voice responds.

I roll my eyes and ask, "I'm guessing you can't show yourself either?"

"No, that will ruin the game", he responds calmly.

I tilt my head as I ask, "game? What game?"

He sighs and responds, "the game you children have sadly gotten yourselves into"

(Y/t/b) groans again and asks the voice, "WHY ARE WE HERE?! GIVE US AN ACTUAL ANSWER!"

"I came to warn you, children", the voice pauses before continuing, "there will be a time where the both of you must make a tough decision. Choose wisely. Your dimension depends on it"

I ask in a random direction, "decision? What do you mean? Who exactly ARE you?"

(Y/t/b) also asks, "and how do we know we can trust you?"

The mysterious voice sighs again and tells the both of us, "I can't tell you kids to much right now...all I can say is, watch your backs, watch the color of other's eyes, and trust no one"