Chapter 20

Image by: @// Anael-AnChi (DeviantArt)

Key:
(Y/n) - Your name
(Y/s) - your symbol
(F/i) - first initial (future you)
(Y/t/b) - your twin brother
(B/f/i) - brother's first initial (future brother)

__________________________

(Y/n's pov)

It's been maybe 20 or 30 minutes since we've all just been sitting here in silence. Ford, Stan, Bill, Tad, and the four futures went into the lab room downstairs to talk in secrecy. Mabel, Dipper, (y/t/b), grunkle Ben, and I are just sitting in the living room by a fire that was just recently made.

I sigh as I lean my head against the couch's armrest and stare at the dancing flames with a blank face.

Grunkle Ben is sitting to the side in the armchair and Dipper, Mabel, and (y/t/b) are sitting next to me on the couch.

"I came to warn you, children...there will be a time where the both of you must make a tough decision. Choose wisely. Your dimension depends on it"

Tad said that the night we first met...what decision do my brother and I have to make?...and when? Have we already made it and we don't know it?

I bet the futures know...that's why they're here...they want to see what decision we will make.

Wait...

Did they make the wrong decision?...and that's why they're here?...To guide us back onto the right path?...

That must be it! That's why they can't tell us anything! They just want to save their past selves, our future, and their present without really disrupting anything!

Tad knows this too, he knows our future gets fucked up by the decision our future selves originally made. All they want is us to make different decisions...

How will I know if I'm making the right choice? What if I end up making the same decision that our futures make? How can I prevent that?...

Maybe I should go against my instinct. If I feel the need to do something, I do the opposite! No that's ju-

The room suddenly shakes violently which makes us all jump up in a panic. The lights start to flicker and the fire blows out with a gust of wind.

The lights then turn off completely as the room stops shaking. "What the hell was that?", Dipper asks in shock as he looks around frantically.

The lab door slams open and everyone comes running back in. "Are you all okay?!", Ford asks us worried.

"Yeah, we're fine. Are you guys?", grunkle Ben asks with a shaky voice.

"Yeah, but what was that?", Stan replies.

"The force field", Bill whispers wide eyed.

I narrow my eyes as I ask him, "what about it?"

He meets my eye as he says, "it's down". My eyes widen as I say nothing and just run out of the shack.

"(Y/N), WAIT", grunkle Ben yells at me.

I run faster down the dark road and through the woods to get to the edge of Gravity Falls. I need to see if I can leave this town!

"KID, STOP! DON'T GO!", I hear future me scream from behind me. I ignore (f/i) and continue to run. I need to know. I need the force field to be down.