Sickly Sweet Holidays

I was awoken by Harvey shaking my bed. "Darc quick get up its Christmas!" He says in a slight whispered tone. I arise slowly and walk to my wardrobe. I sigh and grab my brobecks hoodie and some sweatpants.

I put my hair in two braids as always, and did some simple makeup as I know Brendon will take photos, I have to look a little flawless in this outfit.

Harvey carries me down stairs as I almost fall asleep in his arms, everyone was sat by the fire and the tree just waiting for us. I didn't want to leave his arms but I had to, he slowly placed me on the floor by the fire.

I saw Brendon's smile arise. "Well guys lets begin this!"he says passing me a tiny box. We made two people open one present at a time and it kind of went in a circle. Brendon also handed Harvey a present and we got to opening them.

I unwrapped the wrapping and opened the small blue velvet box, inside was a rose gold ring that had a heart on top, it was a fairly thing ring, it was beautiful , I stared at it for a while until Brendon blurts out "look on the inside" he points to it.

Inside was the date Brendon adopted me in Roman numerals, tears formed in my eyes and everyone awed. I ran up to Brendon and squeezed him. I placed it on my middle finger and admired it for a little longer.

Everyone was having a great time, unwrapping their presents, laughing, crying it was a great time.

There was one present left for everyone, and I had to give Brendon's, Harvey's and dallons now. First I gave mine to harvey. I was worried that what I got wasn't good enough.

He slowly unwrapped the present. I sat there biting my nails, without even realising he already saw the present and I was being pulled into a hug. I got him a cute little photo album full of Polaroid sized pictures of me, him, kira and Alex. (Mainly me and him).

Next was Brendon, now this was a really easy gift as he wouldn't shut up about it.

Brendon keeps talking about new tattoos and what he wants, so I took all of his ideas , drew them, and almost filled a sketchbook full of them.

So I gave him the sketchbook.

He kept flicking to the next page saying "I want that one!" Like a little child. I laughed.

An last but not least, Dallon. I honestly struggled with dallons present, so I just got him a giant giraffe plush.

I handed him the large, very tall gift, he gazed at it confused. He ripped open the paper and gave me a 'ffs' look. He than started laughing and hugged it.

And this concluded the present section. We all started playing around with what we got, I was tuning my new bass, it's was black and red and beautiful.

I played some song son that while Harvey played on his PlayStation and everyone kinda just chatted.

Brendon of course took some photos, some were really good. But then he got one of me and Harvey kissing and it was time for him to stop.

A couple of hours later Christmas dinner was ready, me, Harvey and Dallon laid the table while everyone else prepares food.

There was a large range of food laid all over the table, honestly I felt full just looking at it. We all dug in and the food was amazing, the best part of Christmas is probably the food.

I ate like a quarter of the table to be honest, I was so full by the end of it. I couldn't even eat pudding! Well I ate one slice of cake..

After that we all changed into our Christmas pjs and cuddled around the fire, I sat in between Harvey and Brendon, this time snuggling up to Brendon so he didn't feel left out. Caitlin placed a camera on the shelf infront of us a ran back to her chair but the camera snapped a photo.

Dallon looked at me and smiled, I looked scared. He quickly ran upstairs without any context, we kinda just looked at each other confused. But before we could say anything he ran downstairs with two ukulele cases in his hands.

As he ran back to his chair he threw one on my lap, I looked at him squinting my eyes as he took his out of the case.

I unzipped the bag and saw Carl get his camera ready, I wasn't prepared for this.

Dallon then starts the play a familiar tune and signals me to join in.

Oh lights are shining down but, i feel dead.

I decided to join in and we sang in perfect harmony, our voices contrasted with each other.

The sickly sweet holidays keep me in bed
But when I'm awake, crying everyday
I wish that you were here
when Christmas comes this time each year.

I saw Brendon holding up his phone and realised that he was face timing Micheal. I smiled at them and carried on.

Oh I'm feeling better since you've returned my calls
So string up some Christmas lights lets deck these halls
I've on more thing to say, don't ever go away
Oh I'm glad your here when Christmas come this time each year.

We finished the song and everyone stood up and clapped. I looked at Dallon and smiled. He walked over and high fived me. He leant down for a hug and whispered "you nailed it" in my ear while squeezing me tightly. I couldn't stop smiling, that was so much fun.

I decided to talk to Micheal for a bit on FaceTime while the others were watching Christmas films. We talked about how Christmas was and what we got. It was nice and cal joined in too.

I ended the call and walked back over to the couch, I snuggled up under the blanket and rested my head on Brendon's chest.

He played with my hair as we watched some classic Christmas films, we all slowly but surely drifted off to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had to include some old Dallon weekes on Christmas I mean come on sickly sweet holidays is a classic. So Christmas went well, just a couple more days and it's gonna be school again. Sigh.