And the winner is..

Brendon's POV

We walked down the red carpet smiling for many different picture and we finally made it inside, it looked so different in almost complete darkness the lights didn't make it as special as it looks now, they went all out this year. We went to our dressing rooms to change into our performance outfits I choose my metallic blue blazer and a black tie I kept everything else the same. We all went back to backstage to make sure everything was ready and intune we got given ear pieces and as soon as I put it in all I heard was "5 minutes till set" this is it. Time to open this thing.

Darcy's POV

We waited for a while until everyone was sat down we started talking Twenty One Pilots who were right in front of me, I kept pinching my leg to make sure this was real because it didn't feel it. We were all chatting when Hayley Williams walked out on stage I whispered to everyone " I didn't know she was the host" Tyler responded with "they got her last minute the last host came down with the flu and she was up for it" I nodded and looked back at the stage. "Hello everyone and welcome to the VMA Awards 2015" there was an uproar of cheers and clapping. "So to start of things tonight is the amazingly talented Panic! At The Disco!" Everyone was cheering and clapping what a way to start of the show. They play I write sins which was a great choice I sat there singing along probably louder than I should have, I then notice Brendon smiling at me. Ah he's sweet, or he's trying not to laugh at me singing so loudly. There performance ended and I also clapped louder than I should have. I couldn't stop myself I've never seen them live this was a great experience for me. As they start to announce the first few awards I feel my phone go off.

Mum:
" we are at the hotel across the road from the venue good luck we will be watching it all on tv"
I laugh a little and put my phone back in my pocket. I kinda go into a sudden daydream of what would happen if I won when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped a little and turned round to see Brendon laughing.
"Just wanted to wish you good luck and great singing then" he says with giggling a little.
I roll my eyes and go back to looking at the stage. I couldn't help but notice Brendon's clothing chose it was a great chose, his golden jacket is his best, I laugh a little to myself. We clap to every award, josh and Tyler won best music video award which was amazing. We congratulated them more when they sat back down. These guys were slowly become more and more popular thanks the there newest album 'Blurryface' I feel like this album has given them a lot of fame that they are very thankful for. I feel like soon they are gonna be the hottest band of the century. My heart started racing as it got closer and closer to the best lead singer award. I could tell because everyone one the table was either winking at me or nudging me. To be honest I think this made me more nervous because they were preparing me for it. I then snapped out of my daydream with Hayley saying "and these are the nominees for the best lead singer" one by one the nominees were read out
" Tyler Joseph of Twenty One pilots
Chris Martin of Coldplay.." As they were being read pictures were flashing behind her of the signer and the crowd cheered for every single artist. I started to shake a little.
"Lynn Gunn of PVRIS
Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco" and it finally got to my name and at this point I wanted to shy away into a ball and cry.
"And last but not least Darcy Matthews of Coloured Paints, and before we announce the winner.." My heart sank I couldn't wait any longer.
"I'd like to say a massive happy birthday to our last nominee Darcy!" Everybody started clapping and cheering, I was speechless, I didn't expect this I kinda just smiled and waved to everyone I didn't know what else to say. I sat there twiddling my thumbs when the words were finalised.
"Ok and your winner is... It..its.. A tie?" Hayley said with such a confused voice. All you could hear gasps and whispers. I looked at everyone with a worried look. "Looks like we have two winners tonight fokes, please may I welcome Brendon Urie and Darcy Matthews on stage.!" I froze. I couldn't fathom what was going on. As he walks past Brendon gives me his hand and escorts me to the stage. I still couldn't believe it,it was a tie between me and Brendon Urie. Wow. I did not expect this. He spoke first thanking everyone and congratulating me. He lead me to the stand where I was still tremberling. What was thirty seconds felt like hours with my ramberling on.
"Oh wow ok first I'd like all the fans, it's been three months since we released our first album and I'm already standing here accepting this marvellous award. I'd also like to thank my parents for adopting me they are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't probably be here right now without them." Everyone was in awe at that point. " and I'd like to thank my band mates for helping me get to were we are, also congratulations to Brendon Urie for also winning this was very unexpected" I held up the award and shock it. "Being this young all this is such and overwhelming things but it's honestly the best thing ever, thank you." Brendon escorted me back off the stage and back into my seat. Everyone was hugging trying to stop me from crying, even josh and Tyler were part of the group hug. Wow I didn't expect tonight to go this well.

All the awards were given out, we didn't win best band but no one cared I was too busy shaking to even notice. We walked outside and I was rushed by some reporters and photographers I did a few interviews and had my photo taken with the award a couple of times. I was even congratulated by some of my favourite bands which almost made me cry, the night was now over. Or was it..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you expect that outcome, you tied with a huge singer. Wow, what a great birthday but it isn't over yet.

Just a disclaimer DOAB (death of a bachelor) has not been released yet in this story 😊