Chapter 4

After hours and I mean 26 hours of surgery Dr Collins stood in front of us.
“Miss Carter, Mr and Mrs Malherbe… “ the do says dropping her head to the floor and shaking it, making all three of us grabing hands and squeezing the life out of each other… holding our breaths. The doc lifts her head and a tear rolled down her face and over her huge smile. “… I saw a miracle happen tonight, miss Malherbe has a fighting spirit that I have only seen in a small amount of patience. The surgery had its challenges but Spencer has made it and will be wheeled into her room shortly. Emily you made the right decision, because of you a miracle happened and because of you Spencer will be that 0.95% of people who makes it through surgery.”
Evelin and Grant both looked at me with tears streaming down their faces and launched at me with their arms around me squeezing the air out of me and saying “thank you” over and over. When they let me go I gasped for air I didn’t even realised that I needed. I said my thank you to the doc and for her off the record advice that helped me make the decision and hugged both my aunt and uncle and excused myself.
I found myself standing outside the hospital on the opposite side of the road. As I walk to the curb to sit down, I bumped into a body and fell off the curb hitting my head… blacking out. When I get by I looked into the most beautiful light sky baby eyes, for a moment I’m lost in them before I hear the man clearing his thought. “are you ok?” the man asked touching my head.
“uumm, yes” I said trying to sit up and gather my mind on what just happened. “what happened? How did I end up on your lap?” I asked confused, cause last I remembered I wanted to sit down and then everything went black. “we bumped into each other and then you fell and hit your head.” He explained. “oh. Ok.” I said and before he could say anything I stood up wobbly and walked back to the hospital.

The doc let us see Spencer that same evening and explained her vitals are good and she will wake out of the induced coma in a week or so if her vitals stabilizes and all the test are normal. It was such a relieve to see her. That week I stayed by her side and made sure that I will be there when she wakes up. After two weeks passed Dr Collins felt that Spencer’s vitals was normal and the test done was normal to wake her up from her induced coma. It was a nervous process for me and I clutched on to her hand waiting for her to squeeze my hand…