Chapter 8

A week has passed since the funeral and even though things will never be the same again life started to normalize in a new way without Spencer.

I stood in front of my mirror before going to work... ‘This is life, it goes on. Now get your butt to work and kick some ass”

“Good morning Emily, nice to have you back at work.” Amelia said with a smile. “Morning Amelia. Nice to be back. Please can you send some coffee up I have a lot to catch up on.” I said with a hurried voice.

As I walk into my office I see that Suney has made herself comfortable in my office behind my desk. “What are you doing?” I said angry and irritated. “Well, good morning to you too, and I’m just getting the feel of this office as it soon will be mine when I land the Hanna Inc. contract.” Suney said with a devilish grin on her face.

“Get out now I have work to do and no time to waste like you obviously do, and please remember you are welcome in my office on appointment only, so get out and make an appointment! Oh and remember I’m the one handling the Hanna Inc. case so don’t forget your damn place woman!” I said irritated. It’s hardly 9 and she already gave me a freaking head ache.

*PHONE RINGS* “Emily Speaking” I said as I pick up. “Em, Rudy would like to speak to you.” Amelia says over the phone.

“Thanks Amelia put him through.” “Emily, I need the report on the Hanna Inc. case now.” Rudy says as a matter of faculty. “Good morning to you too Rudy and yes it’s nice to be back thank you…. Oh yes I have the report here and will bring it to you.” I said sarcastically and putting the phone down.

When I walk into Rudy’s office I can sense that he feels guilty for treating me like he did on the phone but I just let it roll off my shoulders as I want to get this mini meeting over and get back to my work.

When Rudy requested that Suney get involved in this case again I had enough. “Rudy, I you bring her on this case again with me I will quit! That woman doesn’t know what’s she’s doing or how to act with these big clients. I’m not going to sit there and feel like a fool as she makes a fool of both of us.” I said angry now.

“Emily, you were away for so long and the Hanna case stood still, you need Suney.” Rudy said trying to convince me. “I’m sorry Rudy but I don’t need her and besides even if I was away I did my job and kept contact with Hanna Inc. and actually going there to sign the deal at 5pm. They don’t want Suney as they feel they can’t trust her.” I said proud of myself
“That’s great news. You never told me you were going to sign the contract today.” He frowned. I picked my phone up to show him I got the email just now as we were having a meeting.

“That’s great news, take Suney with you and that’s not up for discussion.” He said as he went back to his work on his laptop.
“It’s me or Suney… you choose” I said standing up and walking to the door. And when he didn’t answer, I knew I had my answer so I closed the door.

Standing in my office packing I realised I had to send Mr Hanna an email.

[TO: s.hanna_inc@hannainc.co.za
CC: rudyriley@financeanalysis.co.za
Subject: Important Notice]

{Dear Mr S. Hanna.
Thank you so much for all your time and always being available when I needed to talk to you about the contract.

I am pleased that you and your company decided that our company are best suited.

It is unfortunately regret to tell you that I will no longer be looking after your company and contract as I have resigned today, effectively immediately.

For new enquiries please contact Mr Rudy Riley for information on your new case manager.

I bid you and your company all the best.

Kind regards
Emily Carter.}

After pressing send I felt bad for leaving Mr Hanne like that before the meeting commenced at 5 pm. I guess Rudy will have to attend and explain why I resigned.

I know Mr Hanne will not like Suney to be on the case but I can’t take this bullying anymore. It’s time for change. Now I just have to send my resignation to Rudy too.

[To: rudyriley@financeanalysis.co.za
Cc:
Subject: RESIGNATION]

{Rudy…
I, Emily Carter, here by resigns form Finance Analysis effective immediately.

Regards
Emily Carter}

I actually feel relieved after sending my resignation…

Now to pack up my office and… and… wait I didn’t think about the next step…