Chapter 15

Neil has been my saviour every time I was on a date with a guy that was so self-absorbed, we were becoming great friends.

*I’m titanium…you push me down, but I won’t fall. I am titanium.* my ringtone startles me, I look to see its Sam Hanne.

“Emily Carter speaking.” I answer as formal. “Good morning Miss Carter.” Sam says. “Good morning Mr Hanne, and please call me Emily.” I smile at this sweet but formal human on the other side of the phone. “Emily, can you meet me at 11:30 at my office I need you to look at something for me and as you know I don’t trust that other money seeking woman…” Sam always get to the point when it comes to his business. “Sure, Mr Hanne I will see you then.” I put the phone down and realise it’s in 2 hours and I still have loads to do.

“Em, you need to get your ass ready its 11 already and you know its a few min to walk there and then catch your breath.” Peter says, he’s becoming like an older brother. I nod and get my stuff… “Peter, please get me some mini chock brownie cakes, it’s almost lunch and I don’t want to go there empty handed.” I say to Peter when I straighten myself out. I kiss him on the cheek and walk out. Peter is my corner stone I wouldn’t be able to handle all this if it wasn’t for him.

At Hanne Inc. I press the top floor and walk over to Sam’s PA and tell her about the appointment. She nods for me to sit down as she notifies him about my arrival. “Miss Carter, Mr Hanne said to just have a seat for a moment he will be with you shortly.” The blond beautiful blue eye PA says professional and giving me a professional smile, but that was definably not a friendly one. What’s up with that, she doesn’t even know me?

“Emily, dear please forgive me…” I look up to see Sam in a nervous panic. “Sam, is everything ok?” I ask now worrying, he has become my friend as well as my kind of boss. “Unfortunately I have to run to an emergency matter, but please wait in my office my son will come to discuss all my worries about this meeting with the matter concerning the contract.” He says as he kiss my forehead and walking off. Wow we were getting kind of close, he had such a big heart and after I told him about Spencer we became even closer. Wait he said son?

I look back at the blond bombshell as her eyes are about to pop out her head… did I grow another face. I turn around and walk into the huge office that looks over the city. I stare out the window looking at the ocean. I am addicted to the ocean and it calms me.

“I’m sorry for keeping you waiting, my dad only informed me taking this meeting…” he says and then stops when he see my face, and then we mirror each other’s facial shock. My mind is blowing up… wait…how did…

“You are Sam’s son?” I ask shocked and eyes wide. He nods. “And you are the secret advisor?” he now asks me shocked I just nods. We both stars at each other eyes wide and then he gestures for me to sit down. After what felt like ages of silence he clears his thought.  “Why didn’t you tell me?” I ask him softly. “I never thought you knew him, I thought you were just a delivery girl the day you were here in his office.” He said still shocked. “You… you never said you are working for my dad too.” He says as matter of faculty. “I like to keep business and pleasure separately.” I say and after I realised just what I said I blush and cover my face with my hands. He laughs.  “You know what I meant, and by the way I like the client confidentiality policy that I know my whole business life.” I say and looking at the booklet at my hands. “Ok, well we will talk about this latter, let’s get this over with cause I am starving.” Neil jokes.

*** NEILS SHORT P.V.O ***

I look at her as she nods. Why did my dad never tell me she was the secret advisor? She handed me a small brown paper bag with the deli’s logo on it. I open it and saw this brown cupcake thingy. I prayed that she didn’t make it as I don’t have anything to spit it out and be rude.

I take a bite and look up at her shocked…. “Did you make this?” I had to ask. “Y-yes…I-I-is it bad?” she asked me unsure of herself. I start to laugh and her eyes goes wide. “It’s the best chock brownie cake I ever tasted in my life.” I say as I take another bite. She releases a breath that she was holding and relieve flowed through her blue green eyes. She hands me more and I don’t say no. “At least leave one for Sam- I mean your dad.” She says shy but demanding. “No, I won’t be able to resist.”

After the meeting. She took the one cake that I really had a hard time to leave for my dad and wrote a note and put it on his table….