Chapter 6

A month has passed since Spencer woke up and she has been recovered well, and the doc said she might go home in this week. We were all so excited.

“Spenc I cant wait for you to come home… I mean you still going to come live with me until you are ready to get back to work. I need to keep an eye on ya sista!” I said laughing that last part. “yes mother” she teased me, laughing.
After lunch that day I saw something wasn’t right with her mood, and when I asked her she shrugged it off and said she was just tired so I didn’t nag her and just left her to sleep as I continued the final touches on the Hanna Inc. contract that he needs to sign before end of the week, when I see Spencer shaking heavily… “Spencer are you ok? Spencer!” she didn’t respond and I called the nurse and they called the Dr.
After the Dr examined her she informed me that Spencer had a relapse and that they can’t do anything about the continual fits and aneurisms that’s accruing now. All we can do is sit and wait for it to subside and then run the tests on the aneurisms to see what their next steps will be.
It was about 4 hours later when the Dr called me into her office, I have never been to her office so I wonder what this is about. “Dr Collins, you wanted to see me? is Spencer going to be ok?” I asked concerned.

“Come sit down Emily. As you remember our conversation on the night of the accident I mentioned to you that you are next of kin and that you are in the unfortunate position to make really difficult decisions.” She said calm but you could hear the sympathy in her voice…oh no this is bad if she reminds me of that conversation. But maybe Spencer just needs to go for another operation so maybe this isn’t bad.
“yes, Dr I remember. Does Spencer… uhm do I need to authorise another surgery?’ I asked as matter of faculty. Dr Collins just looked at me for a few seconds and gave me a file. “No, Emily.” She said in that sympathy voice again. “we have declared Miss Malherbe brain dead, and there is nothing we can do to bring her back this time, I am truly sorry and I am here for all the questions that demands answers. But only you can give authority to switch off the life support…. I will give you some time alone to process this and we can talk in a bit.” She said and stood up, as she opened the door her secretary brought me some strong coffee and a snack which stated I can have all the time I needed to make the decision.

After hours of fighting and reasoning with my family about my decision I was at breaking point… I cant take this anymore and I surely cant do this alone. So I cracked. “can you all just SHUT the HELL UP!!!” I said at the top of my lungs. And they all stopped and stared at me wide eyed.
“you all want to know why I’m going to authorise them to switch it off, its because what Spencer asked me to do if this ever happened again… here is the letter she wrote me,” I lift it up so they could see and they all gasped for air. I threw it in the air and collapsed on the floor in a fit of tears and cries. My aunt joined me and hugged me tight whispering in my ear that she under stands and will no longer fight me.
It was now 10pm and we all gathered around Spencer’s bed to say our good byes and sharing wonderful  stories about our life together with her. When she gave her last breath there wasn’t a dry spot in that room even Dr Collins had cried as if she was part of our family.

Life will not be the same without Spencer…

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Authors note:

I'm new at writing as you probably have figured. This is also my first book and though it isn't finished yet I must admit that its fun and helps me take off ny mind from my mommy duties when I just cant switch my.mind off to sleep at night.

I hope you enjoyed ot so far. Please feel free to comment and any advice, pointers and critique are welcome.

Thank you for choosing my story.

♡StormTanZ☆