Chapter 24

Neil PVO

After I heard what Emily said I felt my hart sink, but then she is engaged to AJ I saw the ring on the table. That’s why I asked Suney to marry me cause I can’t stand being away from Emily and If I marry Suney then maybe I would forget about Emily and my feelings for her.

“What are you doing here? You know you are not welcome.” I said as I saw AJ walking around. “Hi to you to Neil. And I am actually looking for Emily, have you seen her?” AJ ask. Of course he is looking for his fiancé how stupid am I? “She left.” Is all I could say.

“Thank you and congratulations.” AJ said. I should probably say it back as he is the better one off than I am. “Thanks and congratulations to you and Emily too.” I say and just as I wanted to walk away AJ said something again. “What, why? He asked shocked. “You and Emily are engaged.” I said as matter of faculty.

Why is he laughing? “No we are not she said no… and I am not the one she wanted…..” he said. Well I don’t blame her he can be selfish.

“Oh, ok well enjoy your day.” I said and turned around but his next words stopped me. “It’s you… you are the one.” He said soft and honestly. “Look Neil, I am not like you I can keep living in the past and keep grudges… I know that I left your sister at the altar and I know that when I pulled out of the business with your father that it hit rock bottom, I can’t change what I did but I moved on, and by the looks of it your sister is the happies woman on the planet as she married a wonderful guy that gives her the security that she wanted and look how good your fathers business is doing. So what I am saying is sorry even though it might not mean something to you it does to me and I can’t keep this up anymore… it’s time to move on.” AJ said as looked at me and I could see that he meant every word.

“I forgave you a long time ago it’s just, my dad hit rock bottom with his health as well and cause of all the stress had 2 heart bypass surgeries and he still kept going to build everything up and I have to focus on him and the business so nothing will hurt him again, and my sister did marry a wonderful man but I still had to be with her when you left and that almost killed her… she literary tried to commit suicide cause of you, i already lost a sister i could not bear to lose my baby sister too. Now I forgave but I am struggling to forget. One day though…” I said as I walked away.

Seeing how hard Suney tries to make my dad like her hurts actually in a sarcastic way, because she is actually too much to handle. I know my dad doesn’t like her and he doesn’t trust her either.

“Honey, I think it’s time you get back to your own life. Look how good your dads company is doing and I mean your sister is so happy with her husband and child she is in a better emotional place now. Come home with me so we can go back to our old life, it’s been 8 years already.” Suney begged me.

“This is my life and I am home.” How can she say these stupid things to me? I love my job at my dad’s and yes my sister doesn’t need my support but I love being a part of their lives. How can she expect me to give this up again?

“Well Honey, I am giving you and ultimatum… it’s me or them?” she didn’t just say that… well I guess she just made it easier for me to break it off with her… Emily would never ask me that…. Wait! Emily… I am in love with Emily. I knew I had feelings but LOVE?

Wow that is a new revelation.

“Now that you put it like that… you know what I want so I guess home it is…” I said. “See, baby that wasn’t so bad so start packing.” She must have miss understood me. “Suney, I said I want my home, this is my home.” She looked shocked and walked right up to my face… “Think carefully. Because when I walk out of here, I’m not coming back and I won’t take you back. Don you understand?” she asked still shocked.

“Yes, so go pack I will let the driver drop you back where you belong.” I say feeling relieved she is out of my life.

“You make me sick. Go to Emily she is just as plain and idiot as all of you. You all just make me sick!” Suney screamed as she ran upstairs to pack.

I am free now I can go and get the woman I am truly madly deeply in love with…