Chapter 1

Aaghhhh I squint my eyes as I look for the button to switch off my stupid annoying alarm. Freaking Monday blues much! When I finally roll out of bed and stepping into a nice hot steamy shower that I know will just make me want to get back in bed and get cosy sleep again.

After the water has run cold it forced me to get my butt out and get dressed for work. Putting my work attire on which is a black pencil skirt and a white top with a red blazer I look at myself and wonder what am I going to do with my long black and chocolate highlights hair, I decide to rather start with my makeup first. Light and natural like I like it. I then decided that there isn’t enough time to dry and style my hair so I just pun it up in a funky style and storm out of the door.

“Good morning Emily, hope you had a nice weekend.” Amelia our receptionist says. I gave her that I-wish-it-was-stil-weekend-smile. “Morning, Amelia.” Just as I was about to walk into my office Amelia walks up to me and says that our boss Rudy would like to see me ASAP.
A chill runs down my spine as hear those words… he isn’t a meeting type of boss on a Monday morning, so this is either good or bad.

“Emily come in we need to talk.” Rudy says with no time to waste. “morning to you too Rudy” I say as a matter of faculty. He just nods and gestured for me to sit down when there is a knock on the door when Suney Riley walks in (my arch enemy in my job and life) with a grin on her face. Something is really up.

“now that Suney is also here we can begin. Emily you are our top Financial/ Debt counsellor team leader, so I want you to help Suney win a new client Mr Hanner from Hanner inc. he is on the lookout for new financial advisor and seeing as Suney is only a financial advisor and not like you a debt counsellor too, your presence might just seal the deal.” He says as if I’ll just accept and work with the devil without hesitation. I know Suney wants my position in the company but I cant let her get to me so instead I had a better idea. “Rudy, if Suney cant get the client why don’t you let me do it myself. I have my own strategy and because I have more to offer this whole deal so lets just make this easy and get this al over with.” I say to just get this over with and get this silly idea out of his face.

“Oh but I know you will get the job done easy and fast, but Suney here just took her Debt counsellor test and still waiting for her results but I want her to learn from the best of the best so I can have two super great go getters on my team to get the job done.” My boss says and I know I’m not going to change his mind. Giving up I look at Suney and smile a forced smile and say…” ok then in order to start I will clear my schedule after my 9am meeting and then we can start with prep.” Suney looked kind of shocked that I didn’t argue the matter with Rudy any further and just nodded.

Oh this is going to be just dandy so freaking dandy I sigh to myself.