Chapter 7

*AFTER THE FUNERAL*
It was a sad day for us as a family. Laying our precious Spencer to rest is like burring the sun. Spencer was our little sun in our family and we are going to miss her dearly.
Looking around the dining table sat the whole family awaiting the lawyer to read the will. None of us wanted it to be read straight after the funeral as we were still mourning our loss and the will made it just so much more final.
“I am sorry that we had to do this today, but as you all know that my wife is having a baby and I will not be available for the next month.” He said apologetically. We all just nodded and hoped that he will just get it over with. “All right let’s begin then.” He said as he saw the understanding but irritated sad look in our eyes.
“Spencer Malherbe has made me the executer of her will and I will now carry out her last wishes. First of all she wanted each and everyone to know how much she loved all and that each one had a special place in her heart. Spencer also wanted to point out that what is about to be said that she wants everyone to accept her wishes and that if there are some unhappiness about the will that it will be sort out in a reasonable manner and that she didn’t made the wishes to hurt anyone but this is what she wanted. Can we all agree that her wishes will be respected?” Mr. Boj the lawyer said.

We all looked confused a bit… jip we were a normal family and yes we have family quarrels sometimes, so let’s hope that this will not end up in a quarrel. “Yes” we all said and I knew that yes was just to get everything started and probability of a disagreement quarrel will rise somehow.
“Good. Ok so let’s get this started.” M Boj said as he paged to the list I assume was the things that goes to whom and where.
“Spencer has left her diamond bracelet for her favourite aunt. Aunt Mia Carter. Mrs Carter she wanted you to know that this diamond bracelet always reminded her of you, always beautiful and graceful. She talked of you highly and asked that you have this. She loved you dearly. To her favourite uncle Mike. Mr Cater she has left her Mazda RX8. She always enjoyed talking to you about cars and your drives together and even though there isn’t as much mileage on the car she hope that you would take care of it and drive it as much and as fast as he likes.” Mr Boj looked at both my parents’ tears and smiled at them he knew the love my cousin had for these two people, as our grandparents passed away when we were 5 our aunts and uncles were all we had.
“Mr and Mrs Malherbe, Spencer loved you dearly and also talked highly about you and how you were always there to support no matter how naughty or hard the situation was, she wished that she could be as great of a parent one day as you were to her. She has left everything to you except her house, her Shop – business and requested that you will change the trust account that you have set up for her to Miss Emily Carter. She also requested that you will honour this wishes as you know Emily to be like a sister and daughter to you as you love Emily just as you love her.”Mr Boj said without looking up, I think he was scared for their reaction.
I was shocked out of my socks…. Before my aunt or uncle could say anything I started “wait, Mr Boj are you sure that is what she wanted?” I looked with big shocked eyes at my aunt and uncle who looked just as shocked. “Yes, Miss Carter. 100% sure. I also asked her the same question and she was really serious about it. She asked that you will accept these gifts as she knows you are a hard worker and will make a success and she trusts your judgement and will always look after her parents as you love then like they were your own.” Mr Boj said. He finished off the rest of the will with giving each one a letter Spencer wrote. He gave us his condolences and bid us goodbye.
We all probably sat there in silence for 10min before we all read out letters, it was raining tears and we finally said our good byes for the evening.