Chapter 16

I put the brownie on Sam’s table and leave him a note.

‘Hi Sam, I made this for the meeting today, and had a real hard time to convince Neil to spare you one. I will send you an email on the details of the meeting and what I advise you to do as I also don’t feel comfortable with this decision that Rudy and Suney wants to make. Talk to you soon. – Emily’

I look over at Neil as we walk out the office, now that I know he is Sam’s son I start to see the resemblance. “I take it you love the ocean?” Neil asks suddenly making me jump out of my thoughts. “Yes, it always calms me and recharges me. I love the rhythmic waves and the splash of the water and smell.” I smile.

“Judy, please call Anna and tell her I won’t be in the office until Monday and that she must cancel my next appointment…” he says professionally, and then turns to me and winks. “ tell her I won’t be available on my cell as well as I’m taking a personal trip.” He says with a big smile while looking at me. I wonder if there is something wrong with him but just smile back- awkward. Judy’s eyes are wide and jealousy burns within them. What is this woman’s problem, seriously? She nods and give me a dirty look. Ok so awkward.

When the lift doors close, Neil looks over to me and smirks. “Ok, now I have to ask why you change all of a sudden… is there something wrong with you. And why the hell did that Judy woman give me the evil eye?” something is up or he is just weird. He laughs and answers…”did you drive here or walk?” “I walked, why don’t you answer my question?” I frown at him and he just winks and laughs. Aaarrgh men they are so infuriating.

The door opens and I head for the exit. “Bye Neil and enjoy your trip” I say with a smile and wave as I start to walk off for the exit. He grabs my wrist and I almost fell, stupid man. “Wait I will give you a lift back, I need more brownie cakes.” He smirks and its official he is weird I laugh at myself. Getting in his SUV and crack up the music, one of my favourite songs starts to play and before I know it Neil turns the volume up. I smile at him and have to ask…”you know this song?” I half shout as the music is soooo loud. “Love it!” he shouts and we laugh, and then we both starts to sing along with the song if I lose myself by one republic. We laugh and laugh, ok he is one hot amazing singer…. What?! No I’m not blind but he is my friend I can’t think that.

“Neil! You missed the turn to my shop.” I whined. “Sweetheart, live a little.” He says laughing. Ok this does not make sense but maybe he just want to take the long way around so I laugh and look out the window, after a while of not concentration on my surroundings and just on the music I dose of…
“Em! Emmy! Emily! Sweetheart! Hell you are one heavy sleeper” Neil says as I finally open my eyes. “I’m sorry, didn’t knew I dosed off. How long have I been out?” I ask with a sleepy voice not noticing where we are. He just laughs and shakes his head, and I get out of the car ready to get back to work…wait we are not at my shop. “You said you like the ocean… well welcome to my beach house.” He says while looking at me with a huge smirk on his face. “This… this is your beach house? Wow it’s beautiful. Wait I thought you were going to leave for a trip why are we here?” I ask confused.

“This is my trip and you are with me so no more chit chat let’s get down to the beach, you will love it.” “Wait! What?” now I am totally shocked, jip this man is silly and stupid and oh he kidnapped me!

“You heard right. Now come on you will have a lot of time to admire the surroundings but as this is your first night here I don’t want you to miss this spectacular sun set!” he walks down to the beach. I follow not knowing what to say or do as I am still freaking shocked.

When the beach comes into my view I am even more shocked the house is basically on the beach like it has no lawn just beach. It’s beautiful. Neil looks at me and laughs and drags me to the beach near the ocean. We sit down and I am in awe… “Its sooo beautiful.” And then we fall into a comforting silence.

“5…4…3…2…1” he says and I look at what he points at, and I see this amazing display of light baby pink and purple and orange and blue mixed with patches of white clouds as the sun sets. “Neil, I am in awe. This is soo beautiful words can’t express and a picture will not do it justice.” I say still looking at the sky.

“Life is all about taking time to stop and admire nature and making memories.” He said proud. I just nod not taking my eyes off the sky.