Chapter 22

Emily PVO

It was strange that Neil just left off like that, I’m still curious about the past of AJ and Neil, but none of them wanted to tell me. I hope to know one day.

As I put my keys into my door, I noticed that it’s already unlocked and I start to freak out but that only lasted a second cause when I opened the door there was rose petals on the floor and candles everywhere…

“Welcome home Baby.” AJ said as he kissed me hallo and handed me a glass of red wine. “Hi AJ, what is all this?” I ask as I am surprised about this… “How did you get into my apartment?” I lift my eyebrow at him as I am now fully aware that he got in and I never gave him keys. “Peter gave me his for the night, you can give it back to him tomorrow,” he said as he disappeared into the kitchen again.

Now you might wonder why Peter had my keys, well since Neil kidnapped me the one weekend I decided that Peter should get into my house in case of emergency or so. I down my wine as I am nervous now about what is going on with AJ and the candles.

“Please sit down, relax, and let me serve you.” AJ said in a husky romantic voice. I oblige and eat the food that he served me and it was super delicious, just then he brought the desert. And to say that I am shocked is an understatement.

“What is that?!” I asked AJ as I looked at the big diamond ring that is sitting on top of the cheesecake slice he served me.

“I have read so many stories about woman who ate the ring without knowing it was there so I wanted to make it obvious enough so you don’t swallow it.” He said as a fact. Oh my word I don’t know what to do it’s barely been two months!

“AJ, uhm…” I say but he interrupts me. “I didn’t take you as a traditional type but I was prepared for it.” He said as he takes the ring off and went on one knee.

“Emily Carter, I know we have been dating for barely two months, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you and travel the world and be as happy as you made me this past two months. I can’t picture my life without you. Will you marry me?” He asked with hopefulness.

“Please stand up, and sit down.” I say softly and cover my face with my hands. “AJ, this what we have, has just started. Don’t you think it is a bit fast? I mean I am not ready to marry and with the shop and everything its keeping me so busy I can’t have the stress of a wedding on me too and besides it’s too soon we barely know like really know each other.” I said softly but making my point know to him.

“I don’t want to wait and forget about the shop, we could travel the wold together.” He said begging. “I can’t, I’m sorry AJ.” I said as I bow my head. He is not the one and I think I just made it clear to him.

“Emily. Close your eyes. Who do you see when you laugh? Who do you want to see each morning when you wake up and who is the last person you want to see when you go to sleep? Who is the one you want to take care of you when you are sick or the one to l next to you on the couch… is that person me?” AJ asked, and I realised I only saw one person and it was not AJ. So I just shake my head no. “I’m not Neil, Emily, I can’t hold the past to people and live with a grudge forever.” AJ said as he walked out the house leaving the ring on my table. How did he know it was Neil I was thinking about?

This was too much for me and I still need to bake the freaking cake!

I stand up and walk over to the kitchen leaving everything as it is and I start getting the things for the cake batter.

Neil PVO

I have to see Emily, and tell her how I feel. I drive all the way to her house… while I talk to myself like a crazy person in the car.
She might already be asleep, I should just turn around and go home. She’s probably cuddled up to AJ on the couch….no she is probably baking the cake. I should just turn around, turn around Neil you are just going to make a fool out of yourself. I just need to see her and tell her I have to let her know I have feelings for her, no I should just turn around….
I found myself at her door knocking.

“Hi Neil, what you doing here?” Emily asked me. “I, uum, my mother send me to come check up on the cake and I felt it was too late to call you…”oh I am so stupid. “Too late to call huh? But not too late to drop by?” she said laughing and inviting me in and telling me about the cake and how exited she is, that’s when I saw the ring. Oh no they getting married I should go!

I said bye and just walked out and went home… stupid idiot I am!