Chapter 11

When my stupid alarm went off I almost swore at it, because me and Mr Hanne or Sam as he wanted me to call him sat talking until 3am in the morning about Spencer and the shop and his business and my ex-job and now my new adventure… I realise that we never chatted about my service to his company. Shaking my head I get ready for the day.

Looking at the time I thought about the time Sam and I spent and felt bad that we didn’t get to the business part.

Getting a nice lunch together I wraps it up and walks over to his building. At the reception I asked for Mr Hanne’s office floor and that I was bringing him food that’s the reason for my visit. I have been to his office before but didn’t realise at that moment that Spencer’s shop was basically just 2 blocks away.

Getting into the elevator  my phone rang, it was my mother and I had to balance Sam’s food so it won’t spoil and answer my phone while pressing the floor button, when I bumped into a body letting my phone fall and catching the lunch… “Ummphhh…” the man said. “Look where you are going.” I said at the man irritated that the sauce of the sub spilled over my dress. “I’m sorry sweetheart but you bumped into me and a thank you would be in order for catching you otherwise that whole sub would have fallen all over you.” He said sarcastically. “I should actually just call Spencer now and tell her to fire you because you don’t even know how to wrap a sub nor do a delivery.” He huffed again sarcastically. That infuriated me so much I stormed out the elevator when it opened on the floor not even looking back at the jerk! 

At his receptionist I asked to see Mr Hanne, and she showed me into his office. “Mr Hanne, I’m sorry for not making an appointment but I thought you might want some lunch and we can have a quick chat about my service to you.” I said shy-ish. “Miss Carter, what a nice surprise. Please take a seat. Would you like some coffee or a beverage?” he smiled. “Yes thank you, a water will do.” “so Emily as we got carried away yesterday I just want to say that I really enjoyed getting to know you better and realised that I can’t have made a better choice than to hire your services. Here is the contract that I have signed yesterday with your ex-company and it looked just like the one you set up so I doubt they made any changes. So what will happen now is when I need your advice I will contact you and then I will give what I decided over to Rudy or that woman.” He said as he opened his sub. I just nodded in agreement, when the door burst open… “That stupid woman can’t even say thanks! And I can’t get hold of Spencer, when you speak to her again please tell her that I need to speak to her.” The guy rambled on and then he realised I was sitting there and went quite.

“Mr Hanne, if you will excuse me I have other matters to attend to. Please feel free to call anytime. Have a lovely day.” I said soft and just looked at the man standing there with his hands in his pockets… cat got your thong , good I thought before I cut it out myself! “See you soon Miss Carter, and thank you for lunch.” He said confused as what was going on.
As I walk back to the coffee shop I was crying, wishing Spenc was here and wondering how I was going to make all of this work and not letting her down.

And that guy… like seriously what’s up with him?
Didn’t he have his coffee or meds this morning, who on earth says things to people like that?