Chapter 17

“So… Pizza and wine or you wanna go out and catch some Italian?” he asks out of the blue. I look down at my watch and realise it’s already 7:30 pm and look up at him, how did we forget about the time. “Oh shit!!! I need to get back. Peter is going to kill me. The shop closed an hour ago!” I said as I jump up. Neil just sat there and laugh. “What is so funny you silly man? You have to get me back.” I say as I laugh at him.

“Sweetheart, we are at least 4 hours’ drive away, and I told you we are here for the weekend.” He said still staring at the calming waters, I went to sit next to him as there was no room left for argument.

“It’s beautiful.” I said after 20 min or so of silence, still looking at the water. “It’s my favourite place to be.” He said still staring at the water splashing against the rocks. It was quite for a few more minutes when Neil stood up and reached his hand out for me to take it. I looked at him and took it while still glancing at the waters… it was soooo beautiful and I could stay here the whole night. “Where we going?” I asked disappointed to walk back to the house. “Getting dinner, I’m kind of hungry since your brownies where the only thing I ate today, and you didn’t want me to eat them all.” He said like a kid, kind of cute but yeah he’s my friend, I have no such feelings… I think.

“So what will it be Pizza or sushi?” he asked as he went through his take away menu’s. “I love sushi but I’m kind of in the mood for pizza tonight with loads of cheese.” I smile at him as I went to stand next to him to look at the menu that read Pizza-maniac, I laughed a little at the name, Neil glances at me and look at me with a questioning look…”the name.” I said and he just gives a smile. “So what would you like with lots of cheese of course?” he asked with a grin on his face. “I would like the Greek one with extra super cheese and ad me some sweet bell pepper and chicken tikka.” I said as I walk off to look if there are some wine or beer.

“mmm, a cheesy spicy pizza, sounds like my type of company.” He said as he phoned to order. I just laughed taking out some wine glasses. It was a merlot. If I didn’t know any better feel like a cosy date night between a couple… well we have become friends and at that I would consider this as a buddies date.

After dinner I was back at the beach looking and listening at the water. For the first time since Spencer’s death I could just sit and relax and be without stress for a bit.

I woke up with sun shining in my face, squinting my eyes I sit up realising I am in a bed.. Wait a bed? Where am I? Last I remember I was at the beach. But I can’t remember how I got into bed…mmm

“Morning sleepy head.” Neil voiced out as he was busy making some bacon and egg omelette.” I hope you eat omelette and bacon? Oh and avocado?” he asked looking at me worried, probably because he is almost finished. I just laughed and nodded. “Good cause this is my speciality breakfast.” He said. I just laughed. When he was done and we started to eat I could not believe that he made this super yummy food. Wow!

“You are a man with many talents I see, this is delicious!” I said as I take another bite. “I’m flattered, and thank you.” He said as we finished our breakfast.
***
“The weekend away was just what I needed to take my mind off all the stress especially the stress of the shop. I actually don’t want this weekend to end.” I said to my best friend Zjizelle. (We were on FaceTime)

“Doll, I can see that you enjoyed it, I mean your eyes don’t look that tired and you’re actually smiling not just fake smiling actually smiling. I’m starting to wonder if something else happened.” Zjizelle said

“Are you crazy woman? We are just friends! Like seriously, he helped me or should I say rescued me in all the bad dates and he helped me to relax and just take a break from all the crazy stuff in the city. We are just two friends on a weekend away enjoying the beach and food. THAT. IS. ALL!” I blow out a breath of frustration.

“Ok, ok, I was just asking no need to bite my head off. Look enjoy your last few hours at the beach because it’s almost over. I have to go I’m flying to Thailand and then Dubai and hopefully I will be home soon. I got to go babe. Love u!” Zell said as she ended the call.
My life I’m telling you….