Chapter 13

After all that happened in the shop life came back to as I now know it my new normal. I have been doing well with the shop and business actually picked up according to Peter. Then it hit me I never actually formally said thank you to Neil. “Peter, where can I get hold of Neil?” I asked suddenly startling Peter. “You can catch him actually at the Hanne Inc. company on the 20th floor. Why do you ask?” he looked curious. “I want to take him lunch to say thank you for what he done for the shop. Do you know what he likes?” Peter nodded and took me into the kitchen to teach me his speciality.

Standing at the building of Hanne Inc. I wondered what Neil did. Was he the technical guy or the maintenance or something because he fixed everything in the shop in 3 hours? Yeah that got to be it the maintenance guy.  Getting to the 20th floor I asked the beautiful blond with blond waves that made me feel jealous of her hair if she knew where I could find Neil.

She looked shocked. “You call him Neil? Did he give you permission to do so?” her eyes big with jealousy. Wow how about that… I am jealous of her blond wavy hair and she is jealous of me calling him on first name basis, why he is just the maintenance guy right?
“Yes, can I please see him now?” looking at her confused. “Sure, right down the hall the last office at the end.” She said still jealous. Nodding I walk down the hall spotting the office I didn’t thought much until I was standing at his door knocking, ok this is just weird. And knocked.

“Come in.” the voice behind the door said. “Neil, Hi. This is just something small to say thank you for helping getting everything fixed at the shop the other day.” I said as I walked in and put this huge sub on his desk knowing over a little board with his name on it, but I didn’t give much thought to it. “Hi, Emily. Thank you.” He gestured for me to sit down.

Just as we got into conversation my phone beeped with a ping sound, looking at it I saw an ad…

{Beautiful damsel in distress looking for her Superman. To set up a date hit the like button.}

“What!!!! Who the hell, I’m so going to kill the person who did this.” I said as I jumped up and started for the door when Neil stopped me. “What’s wrong?” I showed him the add and he laughed and when he saw my face he stopped and offered to walk me to my shop.

When we arrived at the shop Peter had this guilty look and he can’t hide anything so he admitted it was him and he meant good. Then my phone rang… “Hello is this the damsel in distress? I am a superhero and would like to take you out for a sub that’s not even wrapped correctly…” just before the person could say anything else I realised it was Neil mocking me. “Neil… is that you?” I asked and then heard a hard laughter looking over I saw him almost doubling over as he laughed.

“You… you silly man.” I laughed with him and went back to my counter to help customers when this guy walked in and ordered a toasted cheese. “Hey you that girl on the date website?” this stranger asked me. I wanted to laugh in his face and deny it but realised that it will let me look even more stupid.

“Yeah I guess that’s me.” I say in a joking sarcastically voice not looking him in the eye. “So what do you say….wana catch dinner, you know *winking his eye*” this stranger askes. “She would love to, you can pick her up at 7 at Amelia’s place.” Peter chirped in and winking his eye at me. Urrrgh seriously? Why me? The guy just smiles and walked off again winking at me, oh just dandy!

“First date I see?” Neil says laughing. “Yes, as a matter of fact. Who knows this might just be my superman.” I say nervous and I see he just smiles trying to hide his laughter. “You talking about Stephen right? *trying to stifle his laugh* well here is my number if you need Me.” he says matter of faculty. “I don’t think I’ll need it, everything will be fine… just fine. I’m just nervous, because I haven’t dated or went on a date since… agh don’t worry it will be great. Right?” I say and he laughs and I walk in to the kitchen. *sigh*

“Please dress nice and make the best of the night, you will enjoy. Stephen is a bit different, but none the less it will do you good.” Peter says as he hugs me, probably understanding my nervousness. I just nod and don’t say anything further…