Chapter 14

I walk in to a restaurant (with Stephen) that looks ok from the outside, but when I'm in side I feel rather over dressed, it's a pub and 98% of the people in here are men.

Oh dear what did I get myself into? I sigh and shake my head. We reach the table of men and they all started greeting and making jokes about me being in a pub with only men around. I try to be friendly, but I'm hating it.

After a few hours I see all the guys standing up and greeting someone behind me, but I don't even bother to look around as it's probably just another idiot that will talk dirty.

"Neila, bro I thought you were busy man come sit ... Emily get us some drinks. This round is on you." Stephan says. I just look at him with a shocked face, and then turn to Neil. "Yeah, it's my round... (grabbing Neil's arm I drag him with me) you can help carry" I say in front of the guys and we walk away. "You look really pretty tonight" Neil says but I didn't hear him. As we reach the door to go out he looks shocked. "what about the guys drinks?" with a smirk on his face. "Please let's just get out of here."

When we reach Spencers now my new home he stops the car and all the laughter dies down after I told him about what happened to previous job and my decision to keep the shop.

"My girl-friend has the same problem with her boss, she's also a financial advisor." He says a bit low.

"Thank you for saving me, I don't know what I would do without you." Kissing him softly on the cheek and getting out of his SUV.

----

Today will be a better day. I look in the mirror with hopeful eyes.

"Moring Em, how was your date?" Peter ask in a tone that hides his laughter. I just look at him and shake my head. Getting back to the day's work.

Starting to bake some cookies is something I could never do but today I was determined to do it. I can make killer sandwiches but when it comes to backing I am a complete flop. But I have to do this.

The day I spent in the kitchen trying to bake, I don't have the energy for another date proposal. Everything is a flop and I just about have it when the oven alarm goes off... I rush to it and see that the ginger cookies I made haven't burned yet so I grabbed them out burning myself in the process, but I was too happy I didn't care. I shout and dance of happiness.

*Laughter* I freeze with my back to the person...aarrgh can this day get any more embarrassing I ask myself. Maybe if I stay dead still that person would go away. "Why did you stop?" I know its Neil's voice so I just shrug and go to the cookies. I take one and turn around to give him one, he laughs again and take it, "I baked it, and those are the first ones that didn't burn." I say with a huge smile on my face and proud of myself.

He looks around the kitchen and gives me a smile that doesn't reach his eyes but none the less he takes a bite. He looks unsure but gives me a smile again, "mmm, it's delicious." His voice muffled by the cookie in his mouth.

** NEIL'S SMALL P.O.V**

When seeing her so happy and dancing and the proud sparkle in her face I couldn't help but laugh at her and then took the cookie... looking around at the mess in the kitchen, I tell myself it can't be that bad.... Right?

"Mmmm, it's delicious" my voice muffled with the cookie in my mouth. And when she starts to dance again, I take the napkin and spit the cookie in it and threw it away before she sees. Still smiling at her as she laughs and celebrate what she thinks is a perfect cookie.

She's this vibrant woman, and definitely not a quitter.