CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

(Eric's Pov)

I always noticed I had the tendency to grow impatient when it came to situations like this. My eyes never once left her as the doctor fixed the oxygen machine thoroughly. The mask already over her mouth.

My heart pained at the sight.

Our two children sat on the hotel bed, both staring at their mother in confusion and sadness. One minute she was standing, smiling and clapping along. The next, she's hyperventilating, having a panic attack before falling faint.

I too, would feel confused if I were them.

My mother stood on my left, embraced by my father. Janice was standing beside me, her face neutral and not a shred of emotion on her face. I sighed, watching as the doctor mumbled something to himself and it triggered me.

"Can you hurry up already?!" I blurted out. The slightly grey head man, jumped in surprise. He frowned, fixing his glasses and turned to face me.

"Ah, yes. Mr Miller, it appears that Ms Lea was having a panic attack." He mumbled. I nodded, clenching my jaw in frustration. I could feel everyone glancing at me.

"We already figured that out." I muttered, rather harsh. He nodded, continuing to read the report on Lea.

"Well, I can reassuringly tell you she is in-fact fine. She was just having a small attack from past memories, I believe you told me?" He peered up at me.

"Yes, fire." My mother whispered out, placing a comforting hand on my arm. I sighed, rubbing the top gently.

"Yes, that triggered past memories and she just panicked. Don't worry too much, it's common for people who have suffered from a bad experience. In-fact, she must suffer nightmares, flashbacks occasionally, but the only option for that is therapy." He told us, firmly. 

"Anyways, her oxygen level fell low, so I've prescribed her to a pump, just in case this happens again. Also, rest, she'll need that. Her body is very fragile right now. I'd say two days of relaxing." He said. I let out a small breath, finally calming down.

"Thank you, doc." I breathed out and I never failed to see the surprise cross his eyes at my mood switch.

"No problem." He nodded, packing up his things. He handed me the prescription for her pump, before excusing himself. 

The room fell silent and all eyes were locked on the drained out Angel laying on the bed.

Jaxon and Chloe's family were outside, continuing their party, but were planning to end it soon. I was just thankful I wouldn't have to see that perverted dick, who kept ogling Lea's cleavage. The slightest bit showing and he stared down at it.

I shook my head, clenching my jaw. I could feel myself get heated from just thinking back to the sly, flirty remarks he kept hitting at her. I knew she was uncomfortable, but played it off.

If only that dick knew she was off limits.

My thoughts were caught short when feeling the hand belonging to my mother, being placed on my shoulder.

"Your father and I have to go." My mother said with a sad look. I knew she wanted to stay here and look after Lea. She thought of her as a daughter, after all.

I nodded, embracing her into a soft hug. My father patted me on the shoulder and sighed sadly when glancing back at Lea, who was unconscious on the bed.

"We'll be back in the morning." She lastly said. With a large hug exchanged with the children, my parents set off, my mother even more reluctant to leave.