CHAPTER ONE.

(Lea's Pov)

It's strange how quick your life can change.

Fire.

One small word, yet so powerful. It managed to change my life. Not for the better, only for the worse. Scarred - I'm scarred with the fatal reminder of my two accidents.

Nightmares.

It all leads to that.

I sat up on my bed, panting as I snapped out of my terrible dream. It was the usual; a replay of my accidents and me getting burned. But this time, my mind liked to mess with me and add my loved ones into it.

I sighed heavily, clutching my hand to my chest. My eyes peered down at the two, small figures laying beside me. A small smile of relief built onto my lips when realizing they were fine.

"Thank God." I whispered to myself, reaching out to move a strand of hair out of my daughter's, Sophia, face.

An exact copy of me when I was younger. Curly brown hair, chubby cheeks, but the only difference were her hazel eyes. Her father's eyes.

I lay back down, pulling my son closer towards me. Now he, he was an exact replica of his father. Dark, blond hair, blue eyes, and I could see the outline of his soon to grow jawline.

Five years ago, I walked away from the love of my life - only in high hopes to start my life over again. I moved to the nearest state, Oklahoma,  and settled down there.

I brought a small apartment, not wanting to waste the only money that I first had. After that, I tried getting myself a job, but I wasn't accepted anywhere because of my pregnant state.

Eventually, months passed and my babies were on their way, ready. I remember that painful day like no other. It was the middle of the night when my water broke. I jumped out of bed and made my way out of the apartment.

Fortunately, an old woman saw me on the street and that called for attention. Her husband and her drove me to the hospital as she told me stories about her days in the past, pregnant ones of course. She gave me small advice and tried her best to calm me down.

And God, did it hurt. I yearned for someone to be there, holding my hand as I squeezed it in pain, pushing out my babies. But, I was alone.

When my two, beautiful babies entered the world, I was thankful to God that nothing was wrong with them. They were perfectly fine and in good health.

After that, that's when the real journey began. The longer I stayed in the apartment, I began to make friends. A young couple, which lived next door, Mike and Kayla. They were both such sweet and welcoming people.

The two helped me through a lot. They didn't have children, yet they were so good with them. On nights when Drew and Sophia wouldn't stop crying, they'd helpfully come over and hush them to sleep.

I was a nineteen year old mother taking care of two babies. Life was difficult. But soon after, they started to grow. When they reached the age of three, I started dropping them off at a daycare whilst I worked. I still had a large amount of money from the divorce, but sooner or later it'd run out. I needed to be ready for that.

Two years passed and my babies turned five. Their mother only twenty three.

You could only imagine the struggle and difficulty I went through.

But in the end I didn't mind. 

It was worth it.

I let out breath, my arm reaching out to pull my daughter in closer too. This is how we slept. On one, large, king sized bed. I, on the right of the bed and them beside each other.