CHAPTER NINETEEN.

Song For Chapter: Why Try By Ariana Grande

"I'm loving the pain, I never wanna live without it. So why, do I try?"

This song messed with my feels when I wrote the end of the chapter.

(Lea's Pov)

The next day, one thought continued to constantly play in my mind. Eric and Janice's argument was still fresh and my mind, leaving me to be confused. The morning, at breakfast, the tension between them was still there and I tried my hardest not to comment on it.

Lunch it was there too, and I was only hoping it'd be gone by dinner. I'd like find out what was keeping them like this. I just didn't like to see Eric looking tired and ready to explode any second. I, myself, tried to stay away from him much as possible.

I didn't want him acting out on me.

After all, we had progressed so little. 

I didn't want to ruin it.

I entered the living room, to see the children looking up at Eric whilst laughing. Something they done a lot around him and in general. A smile curled onto my lips and I crossed my arms over my chest, looking down at them.

"Hi, Ma." Drew smirked up at me. I chuckled lightly, pulling on the sleeves of my grey T-shirt. For some odd reason, it had become much more tighter since it's last wash. I think Eric had noticed too, as his eyes were on my chest. I blushed brightly.

"Hello, Drew." I amusingly said, ignoring Eric's gaze.

As if he realized what he was doing, he shook it off and cleared his throat. I exhaled softly, sitting down on the ground beside Sophia. She was coloring inside her minion book. I smiled, sitting criss-cross.

"Mommy, my coloring's improving!" Sophia gushed, looking up at me. I let out a small gasp, picking up her work to examine it.

"Wow, it really is." I nodded. She giggled, and continued coloring. Drew and Eric's voices had my ears perked up.

"You've never been swimming?" Eric's raspy voice asked him, full of confusion. I felt my throat churn.

"Well, once with school, but Ma doesn't like to take us." Drew shrugged.

"Drew." I called his name, firmly. He had the tendency to ramble and spill a lot. The topic of swimming was something I didn't want to talk about. It was in-fact, uncomfortable for me.

I felt Eric's eyes on me, making me sigh and play with the ends of my shrunken sleeves.

"Why not?" He pressed. I looked up at him, only to find him talking to Drew, but his eyes were on me. 

"I...I don't know. But I'd love to go, dad. You said you have a pool yourself, didn't you?" Drew gushed with a grin. 

"I do. And I'll take the both of you swimming myself." He offered. A hiss of excitement left both of their lips and I frowned, playing with the free coloring pencil Sophia had used previously.

"Yay, dad! Thank you. You're the best." Drew smiled, attacking Eric with a hug. After that, the lights were dimmed and the kids decided to watch a movie. Finding Dory, I believe. I remembered watching the first one. But it had the name Nemo instead.

I just hoped the children would enjoy it. 

If not, they'd complain later on.

The twins sat on their stomachs, holding their face inside of their hands, supported by their elbows. I smiled, watching as they giggled at a funny line. Their happiness, completed mine. I wanted to continue seeing their beautiful smiles.