Chapter 2

Edward walked confidently out of the doors of the room. He had a silver pocket watch in his hand and admired it with anticipation. Finally, after months of traveling, he had his and Al's future in his hand.

Another person, a girl with long red hair that reminded him of fire, was entering as he was exiting. He glanced over and felt a bit of attraction toward her, but immediately shook that thought out of his mind.

He anxiously walked to the outside of the building where his brother was still sitting on the steps. Al could sense Ed behind him, and looked at him with anticipation.

"Well..?"

Ed pulled out the watch with a lion on the cover, "Told ya I'd get it."

If Al could smile, it would be huge at that moment.

"I never doubted you for a second, brother."

"Yeah, yeah. I guess we need to go back to mustang's," Ed said not wanting to go, "Apparently he wants me to meet someone?"

"Well, let's get going then!" Al said enthusiastically.

Alphonse practically grabbed Edward and ran back to the building where they had first arrived this morning.

.................................

Alison later on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Her disappointment had turned into anger. So what if she didn't have experience? That doesn't mean she wouldn't get any in the field..

A knock came from the outside of her door.

Alison signed and forced herself up to open the door. She was hoping to god that it wasn't her father.. She didn't want to have to disappoint him..

On the other side, her mother Gracia was on the other side with a mug of warm coffee.

"Your father called, apparently he's bringing some people home for dinner. They'll also be staying with us for a few days." She said handing Alison the mug.

Alison rolled her eyes and sighed, "How come they can't just get a hotel?"

"I understand that you've had a bad day, but you'd better not be rude to them. Use your manners and at least fake a smile, okay?"

"Okay..."

Gracia nodded and left her alone.
Alison sat on the edge of her bed and placed the mug on the nightstand. All she wanted to do was lock herself in here for the night. No visitors, no noise, just her wallowing in her own self pity.

She laid back, her crimson hair spreading across the bed. She closed her eyes and tried to at least get some pleasure out of her day.

And eventually, sleep came over her.

It was dark.. She could see nothing in front of her.. Her breathing was getting heavy, and she didn't know where she was..

The sounds of wind and crickets filled the air, and when she blinked a forest of trees appeared in front of her.

She heard the laughter of her sister, and her mother and father behind her. But when she turned around, Elesia was sitting on the ground sobbing.