Chapter 38

Ed

She was gone...... Just like that......

That horrible.... Terrifying...... Circle took her....

She was gone......

She.... Was gone.....

I could only stare... Her lifeless body was just there....

I hadn't even noticed Al had attacked the two chimeras holding us back. I felt the grip on my arms let go, and I fell onto my knees.

I could only look at the ground... I could only see tears fall onto the hard floor.

The chimeras fell unconscious from being knocked in the face from Al.

He kneeled in front of me and grabbed my shoulders.... He shook me and was yelling....

But I couldn't move.... I couldn't think I couldn't even breathe....

Al's POV

I shook Ed as much as I could.. I was afraid that he would loose it if he stayed like this.... I couldn't cry, but I could.....

I couldn't fall apart. I know she was a big part in our life, but I can fall apart. Not for Ed.... Not for anyone... 
He finally Moved his head up and looked at me. His eyes looked drained and were filled with tears.. But he wasn't crying.... He just let everything out.... He didn't do anything...

"Ed, you have to keep yourself together. Alison wouldn't want us to fall apart! We can't do that! Please, I can't loose you too....."

I can't believe I had just said that... But it was true.... If I had lost him too..... I couldn't live with myself...

Ed lowered his eyes and punched the helmet off my armor. It rolled and landed next to Alison.

"YOU IDIOT! IM NOT GONNA LEAVE YOU! NOT EVER!" He screamed.

Ed stood up tall in front of me. He looked as if he was consumed by anger and emotions. He continued to had tears run down his cheeks.

His eyes wandered over to Alison... With clenched fists, he walked over to her and kneeled next to her....

He put a hand on her and turned her over so he was facing him...

Her face didn't look like she was in pain... She looked peaceful... Almost... alive....

A small groan came from her and she moved her body a bit. Ed jumped back and screamed. I ran over to him and stood next to where he was....

"Alison........?"

"Who the hell else would it be...." She said very quietly.

We both ran to her and propped her up. Blood poured from her wound and dripped from her mouth..

She coughed and winced.. She was still alive for now... But at this rate, there might not be a way to save her...

"What do we do?" I asked.

"I could heal myself using my own energy.... But I'm too weak.... If I tried I could wear myself out and it could kill me...." She said.

"How do I do it?" Ed said immediately.

She shakily looked up at him," Ed, you'd have to use your own life source... It would exhaust you..."

"I don't care... If I can save you I'll do it..."

She shook her head but Ed grabbed her hand.

"Please..." He pleaded.

She stared at him in disapproval, but finally gave it....

Alison's POV

I didn't approve of what he wanted to do, but nothing in hell could stop him now..

"Concentrate your energy into one source, then flow it into your hands and then out....." I instructed.

I was in so much pain that every time I breathed I would wince... God, I just hope he can do this fast....

I was propped up on Al, and Ed took a deep breath...

"Ready?" He asked..

I nodded and took a deep breath of my own...

He clapped his hands and place them on my wound.

It felt like a million bolts of electricity were courcing through my veins. The blood was on fire and I thought that I was going to blow up.

I could feel my body contorting to close the wound a heal itself... I honestly couldn't tell who was screaming louder, me or Ed.

He finally stopped and fell backwards onto his back. He breathed so heavily I thought he was going to hyperventilate.

I put my hand on the wound and only felt a scar where the tissue connected. The exit wound on my back was the same way...

I tried to get up, but even though I was healed, I was still in immense pain...

Ed went back to breathing normally and sat up.... He looked drained and exhausted, but still alive...

"Ashleigh.... Were is he?" I asked..

"Hes gone. He took the stone and left..." Ed said.

"Damnit.... He's headed to the canyon...."

"What!?" Alphonse yelled.

"He said that was his first target... I don't know how much time we have left before he destroys everything..."