Chapter 18

Edward sat outside of Alison's room. She had found out as soon as they reported back to mustang. She had barely been back five minutes before he told her...

Ever since they had gotten back from the cemetery, she hadn't left her room.

Ed had been trying for hours to get her out, but but this point he had given up. He just sat outside her door.... Waiting for anything to happen.... Something....

Ed was grieving as well... He was fond of Hughes... He appreciated what he had done for them... He felt like shit....

Alphonse as well was grieving... He had been trying to help Mrs.Hughes and Elesia with whatever they needed. But even he couldn't help that much...

"Brother..."

Ed looked up and saw Al standing above him.

"....Do you think she's okay?"

"Of course she isn't... She just lost her father, Al.... I don't blame her
... I know how it feels..."

Al sat across from Ed on the other side of the hallway...

Ed was getting restless and he didn't know how much longer he could wait...

"Has she come out at all?"

"No.... I've barely even heard her.."

But that was a lie... Every so often he would hear a sob come from the other side of the door.

Ed sighed and knocked on the door behind him. He wasnt expecting to get a response, but felt a thud against the door.

He pressed his ear against the door to try to hear anything.. He heard breathing..

"Alison...." He said softly.

".......what...."

"Are you okay?"

"..... what do you think..."

"Are you gonna come out?"

".....no...."

"Do you want me to come in?"

"...................yeah.."

Ed got up and opened the unlocked door. Al left since he didnt want to make things worse.

He opened the door and looked around. Behind the door, Alison sat hugging her knees.

It was dark, and the only light was coming from the moon outside.

Ed shut the door and sat beside her. She leaned her head on his shoulder, and Ed felt his face getting hot..

Damnit, not now he thought.

Ed put his arm around her to try to comfort her, but he still felt awkward.

".....Ed?"

"Yeah?"

"....I'm sorry...."

"For what?"

"I know that you were waiting outside the entire time.... You didn't have to do that.."

"Well, I just wanted to make sure you were alright. I know how it feels...."

Alison remembered that he had gone through the same thing. And his situation was much worse than hers....

Alison closed her eyes and fell asleep on Eds shoulder.

Ed tried not to move, but he already felt kind of uncomfortable... But he had to man up and be there for her. She had done enough for him, not the least he could do was be there for her.

He himself leaned back on the wall, and slept alone with her..