Chapter 14

Mustang finally felt that it was fit that they came back to central. Considering that they'd been gone for almost two months.

However, instead of going straight to central, Ed wanted to visit his mechanic.

"C'mon, she's not that bad. You'll get along with her."

"I don't know, Ed. I don't exactly do we'll with meeting new people..."

"You'll be okay. We're only gonna be there one night."

Alison sighed as she plopped next to Ed on the train. From how the boys described her, Alison thought that this 'Winry' person might not be so bad.

The only problem is that Alison has always been extremely awkward. Yeah, she's likeable, but she never knows what to say.
Resembool was only about an hour ride from east city, so Alison decided to do more Alkahestry studying.

Ed pretended to be asleep, but was secretly reading over her shoulder. However, Alison wasn't stupid enough to fall for his acting.

"You know you're not that good of an actor right?"

Ed turned away and was sort of surprised that she could see through him.

"Look, if you want to look at it all you need to do is ask."

She handed him the book and he scrolled through the pages. Every once in a while he would ask what something ment, and she would help him understand.

Alphonse felt the connection between the two growing. He could tell that they were becoming closer by the minute. And he was happy. His brother had become so isolated and alone. He needed someone to be by his side and help him... And even though Al did that, it was good to have a new face to join them.

Edward had an odd sensation in his body. He felt warm and happy. He, for the first time in a while, let himself smile. He felt like he didn't need to put on a mask around Alison. He could just be himself... And just let everything out.

Alison felt something similar as well. She was always this child prodigy, and now she could just be a nerd who loves alchemy. She finally felt like she could be normal. Which was suprising considering that none of them we're close to normal.

Al ended up joining in the conversation. And for the entire ride, the three were in deep discussion about everything. They laughed, they shared, they finally were able to come out of their shells.

However, their conversation was cut short when an explosion came from a neighboring train car.

Amestrian military men ran into their car, and into the next one.

Alphonse stayed behind to tdt and protect the people in their car, while Alison and Ed investigated.

When they reached the car, there were four dead military men. All with gunshot wounds in their bodies.

Alison checked all their pulses, but none of them made it...

"Who did this?" She asked.

"I don't know, but they've gotta still be on this train."

Alison saw a light come from the door in front of them. She squinted at it, and then her eyes widened.

She tackled Ed to the floor just as a huge burst of fire passed through where they were just moments before.

Ed covered her with his metal arm, and he covered his head with his own arm.

The fire blew away, and the entire front of the car was melted away. There, stood a burly man with a flamethrower. And another man in a trench coat and top hat with a gun.

"Well well well, look what we got here eh? The fullmetal runt and his girly friend." Said the man in the coat.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?!"

Ed sprung up and changed his arm into a blade. He charged at the two men, but the large one blocked his attack, causing Ed to spring back.

"Who the hell are you?" Ed demanded.

Alison had transmuted a pair of knives, kind of like the ones that her father uses.

"Oh, just a simple alchemist. Such as yourself.. Now, could you possibly tell me where a girl by the name of... Let's see... 'Alison Huges' is?"

Ed stepped in front of Alison, and she prepared herself for a fight.

"What do you want with her?"

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out.."

The man flashed a toothy smile, and he cocked his gun directed at Eds head.

"Ed.. Duck.." Alison whispered.

"What.. Where??" Ed said looking at the sky.

"No you idiot. Get down!" She said.

Ed dropped to the ground and Alison threw one of the knives at the mans gun. It got lodged in the barrel of it, causing the gun to be useless.

The man dropped his gun and ran over to the other car, leaving the other guy there.

Alison chased after the coated man, and Ed stayed behind to take on the big guy.

The man ran onto the top of the next car, and continued to run towards the boiler room.

Alison took her other knife and threw it, hitting the man in the back of his left thigh.

The man yelled out in pain and fell on top of the roof.

The wind blew Alison back, but she Ran towards the man.

She grabbed him by his coat collar and held him up.

"Who do you work for?"

"Why'd ya have to throw a knife in my ass!"

"Answer the question."

"Why the hell would I tell you."

"So I don't beat your face in." She said holding up a fist.

The man looked behind her and smirked,"Heh, well looks like I won't be the only one getting my face beat in."

Alison looked behind her and saw a huge wolf like creature behind her.

"Chimera..."