Chapter 36

Alison's POV

I ran as fast as I could to drive the chimera away from Al.

On our way to the infirmary it had broken out of the hatch and attacked us.

Al took Ed and the old man as I stayed behind and prepared for a fight.

The black bats had my back, shooting at the chimera every chance they had, and with only one good eye it was knicked by a few bullets. But otherwise, they didn't effect it...

It went through mad rampage and killed anything it could.

A child hand run out to get her doll, and the chimera caught sight of her.

I acted quickly and transmuted a spear. I chucked it at the wolf and it stuck in its shoulder.

The little girl was able to get away, and it's attention was back on me.

It pulled the spear out and came charging at me.

I grabbed a piece of shattered glass and sliced my hand. It wasn't even a foot away when I held out my hand and blood spears went flying out.

They stuck out at multiple places on the chimera. It was loosing blood, and was getting worn down.

Now was my chance.

I kicked it in the face with all my might and it flew back into a pile of rocks.

It coughed up blood and at that moment I remembered that there was an actual person behind that monster..

This wasn't just an animal, a human life was on the line...

I ran towards it, but when I went to try and help it, it slashed its claws and left marks and blood around my collar bone.

However, that was enough to drain it even more. It laid there life less... It was fighting to stay alive.

"Please.... Let me help..."

"No, get the hell away from me... I'd rather die then come back empty handed.."

"Why would you waste your life on him? Its because of him that this has happened.."

"We're all freaks. He's accepted us for who we are.. No one could understand.."

"He's not worth it."

"What would you know. You're still human.."

"Not to some people.. Many see alchemists as monsters... 'Dogs of the military' is what they call us..."

"It doesn't matter... Ashleigh will have you one way or another.. If I don't succeed, he'll send another. And another..... And...... Another......."

Its eyes went blank and it's chest exhaled...

I had just ended this man's life...

I had just ended dozens of lives because of this man....

This was my fault....

All.

My.

Fault.