Chapter 30

Edward pulled Alison up from the side as the chimera gained its balance. It extended its claws and snarled at the two.

Before either of them could react, the chimera grabbed Ed by his coat and flung him to the side.

"Stay out of the damn way!" It snapped.

Alison was cornered and had no way out. The monster went to grab her, but she had other plans.

She clapped her hands and placed them on the metal roof in front of her. A large rod flew out and socked the wolf man in its face, sending him flying back once more.

She then transmuted a long, slim daggar and stood facing the dog.

Ed was stunned as he watched from a distance. The only people who could use the clapping transmutation were the ones who have seen the gate. But she hasn't seen it...

He snapped back into reality and ran to join in the fight.

Another train car had passed next to them. While ed held the chimera off, Alison glanced to the other train car and saw.... Him...

Ashleigh stood glaring on the other train. A smug grin was plastered on his face and his eyes looked cruel.

He wore a white suit and had a scar covering his neck.

Alison felt her body trembling in rage. She hasn't the slightest clue why, but she felt the need to sock this guy in the face.

She jumped over to the other train and stood in front of him. Her eyes shot daggars..

"Its been a long time, hasn't it sister." Ashleigh said.

The word sister was like fire coming from his toungue.

"You don't get to call me that..." She spat.

Alison had a burning hate for this man. After reading what he had done, after what he's made people do... It made her sick.

She took her daggar and spritined at him. Yet once again, he was too fast for her.

Ed was still carried away with the chimera, so she was on her own.

Her determination was too strong to flee. She had to take him down and bring him back on his knees.

The transmutation circles on his hand glowed and ice spears flew at her. She clapped and a wall sheilded her from the attack.

Ashleigh was mildly shocked that she reacted that quickly. He had known that she could do alchemy without a circle, but he was confused as to how. At first glance, she didn't look like she had seen the gate...

Alison was able to slice his hand where the circle was. He jumped back and grabbed his hand is pain.

"Can't transmute without a circle, now can you?" She snarkly said.

"No, but who says I need alchemy.."
Her eyes darted behind her, but not quick enough to stop the chimera from hitting her and knocking her out.

Ed tried to keep the Chimera's attention on him, but it tossed him aside the train and went to help its master.

Ed pulled himself up, and was able to catch a glance of Alison falling unconscious.

Ashleigh and the Chimera jumped off onto a bridge before Ed could chase them.

Ed's hair blew violently in the wind. He punched the roof of the train leaving a dent.

"DAMNIT!" he screamed.

He let her get away... The very thing that he had promised to do... He couldn't...

He had lost his best friend to a mad man..