Chapter 6

A bead of warmth passed upon Alison. Through her eyelids she saw a light... She was terrified to open her eyes.

She couldn't.... She had let this happen... If she had just been stronger... She could've taken the man down... Instead she was sitting on the cold, wet ground... She was feeling woozy.. The blood that was coming from her wound was dripping onto the ground from her shirt...

"Well... Look what we have here."
She heard a familiar voice...

Her eyes opened to Roy Mustang standing in the opening with smoke coming from his gloves..

She cautiously looked to her left, expecting to see a body of her once friend. But he was still there... He was breathing... He was alert and conscious... He was alive...

Her vision started to blur, and her head was full of pressure..

Edward noticed her, and ran to her side. He caught her in his arm before she fell to the concrete.

"Oh god... Alison... C'mon, wake up!"

Mustang had the mans full attention, so he was able to keep his full attention on her.

He took off his coat and pressed the fabric to the wound, hoping to stop the bleeding..

She drifted in and out of consciousness until her eyes were fixed on his.

She had never noticed how beautiful his eyes were before.. They were golden.. Not like his hair but like a coin...

"Alison, stay with me." Edward pleaded.

He stared back into her eyes. They were almost the color of the sky... Maybe even brighter..

He made sure to keep her conscious until the paramedics arrived. Talking, showing, staring... Anything to keep her with him...

Her head was pounding... And her vision got blurrier with every minute... But she kept her eyes fixed on his...

Alphonse watched in silence.. He had never seen his brother like this... Not even to him..

They may not get along very well... But he was sure that they didn't hate each other..

Edward felt a feeling that he had never felt before.. He felt a connection with her, like her life was literally in his hands... Well, hand..

The paramedics arrived and loaded her onto a gurney. Ed watched as she was carried away, with his coat still on top of her. Her red hair flowing in the wind and the rain fell harder...

Alphonse stared at his brother... He had to be freezing, he was only in a cut off black shirt.. Al wished that he could help his brother, but considering that his legs were basically rubbish, he couldn't do much....

Ed walked over to his brother, and before alphonse could speak, ed wrapped his arms around his brothers neck.

"Heh... We're a mess, Al...."

He was right, they were literally falling apart..

"Why didn't you run... You could've been killed..."

"I didn't want him to go at you two... It was me he was after... I wasnbgoing to let you guys pay for my actions...."

Al felt a sudden burst of rage, and slapped his brother across the face. It left a red mark on Eds cheek, and he started with fazed eyes up at Al.

"YOU CANT AFFORD TO DIE EDWARD! YOU CANT WASTE YOUR LIFE, YOU HAVE SO MICH AHEAD! A HUMAN LIFE CANT BE WASTED LIKE THAT!"

Al's arm fell off and landed on the ground in front of Eds feet.

"OH GREAT! AND NOW MY ARMS FALLEN OFF BECAUSE MY BROTHERS A BIG FAT IDIOT!"

Ed was hurt... But his brother was true... It was all of eds fault... He got them in this mess after all.. From the very beginning it was all him...

"I'm sorry Al... I'm so... So sorry...."

Ed didn't want to cry in front of his brother. He refused to... He had to be strong, for all of them...

Ed looked up at his brother with determination.

"I'm gonna get our bodies back... Not matter what."