Chapter 28

5 months later....

Alison's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALISON!!!"

I jolted up from my bed and saw Ed and Al at the side of my bed.

"Wha... What's this?"

"We got you something!" Al said cheerfully.

He handed me a small box with a red bow on top.

I opened the box and a gold necklace with a transmutation circle charm.

"Oh my god, guys. This is amazing! How did you find this?"

"Brother made it!" Al said.

Eds face got red and he scratched the back of his head.

"I-it was nothing."

"Nothing? This is amazing. Thank you."

I hugged both of them and got up to put it on. I looked in the mirror and put it around my neck.

It was so beautiful. I can't believe that they would do something this nice for me.

I looked at a flyer on my desk.

"Hey, are we still going to the moonlight festival tonight?" I asked.

"I should probably get caught up with some research. You guys can but I should stay." Ed said.

We were staying in my house even without my mom and sister. It was... Different not having them here. But I was just happy knowing that they were safe.

"C'mon Eeeeeed. Pleeeaassee???" I begged.

He needs to get out and have fun. All he's been doing is researching and reading and blahhhhh.

"You know I can't, I have too much to do."

"But it's for my birthday." I said giving him puppy eyes.

"...ugh, fine. But not for too long."
"Yes!" I said fist pumping.

I could already hear people lining the streets to look at the vendors. I've always gone on my birthday. Even thought its mid February, its not too cold, just breezy.

I slipped on a pair of jeans, and a tank top with a flannel. I left my hair down and checked myself out. Eh, best It'll get I guess.

The three of us decided to head out early so we could see everything.

We started on our street and made our way down. I would Stop them every once in a while to look at something, but nothing really caught my eye.

"I'm gonna head back, I need to get caught up." Ed sar after a while.

"C'mon Ed, can't you stay a little longer?" I whinned.

"I said that I'd stay for a little bit, I have to Alison."

"Uuugh, fine. We'll bring you back something to eat."

He waved behind him as he walked back.

Al and I stayed until it got dark, then we finally decided it was time to go back.

When we walked in, Ed was in his room asleep on his desk.

"Wait.... I've got an idea." I said.

I pulled out party poppers and handed him one. We went on each side of Ed and I counted down fim three.

We pulled the strings and they made a loud *POP*

Ed jumped and fell out of his seat, and Al and I had to lean on the walls from laughing so hard.