Chapter 35

The array of bullets had stopped and Ed peeked from behind a corner. He noticed a few holes in his coat, and a big chunk of fabric had been blown off.

Blood seeped from the deep scratches on his face. It stung badly from the smoke hitting it, but he didn't have time to worry about pain.

The chimera on the other hand leaped out from behind the smoke and started thrashing amung the people in its way.

Alison's eyes went wide and her skin turned white. She was a situng duck now, and she had no where to go.

Al grabbed her arm and ran as fast as his arm our could handle. For all he knew, his brother was dead. And he wasn't about to let someone else die on him.

They burst through the door of the auto mail shop, and the old man who ran it had a hatch in the floor open.

Alison jumped through, and Al followed her.

They landed in a cavern that was lit by tortches.

Al turned around and saw Alison with her hand against the wall breathing heavily.

"Alison!" He said running towards her.

He put his hands on her shoulders," Are you alright? What's wrong?"

"....So many people have died because of me.... So....... Many......."

Her face went white as a ghost, and she leaned over and hurled everything she had in her.

"This isn't your fault... You couldn't have done anything to prevent this." Al said.

"But I could! I just........ I didn't know that it could track me from that small amount of blood....... And Ed....... My god Ed...."

Alison's breathing became faster and she started to feel like she was suffocating.

Al took her in his arms and hugged her tightly. She tried to get away, but he didn't let go. He had done it with Ed before. Whenever he would have panic attacks he would just hold him until he calmed down.

After a while her hyperventilating turned into tears. She cried, she screamed, she sobbed.

The boy who had given her so much, was gone... Because of her.

A ray of light opened from the hatch, and a blonde midget dropped through.

Ed stood up with blood dripping from his face and smirked.

"You guys alright?" He asked.

Alison smiled through her tears and her heart filled with hope. 

She ran up to Ed and wrapped her arms around his neck. Ed smiled and hugged her back.

"You're an idiot." She said, her voice muffled by shoving her face into his shirt.

"I know.." He said chuckling.

Al noticed the blood running down from his brothers face and was worried. Ed looked like he was in a lot if pain.

"Brother, you're hurt.."

"Ehh, its nothing. I'll be fine."

Alison looked up and ran a finger over the claw marks. Ed winced lightly pulled Alison's hand away.

"I'm okay..." He said.

Alison didn't believe it, but there wasn't any time to argue.

"Al, c'mon. I need your help." Ed said.

"I'm coming too." Alison objected.

"Are you forgetting that thing is out on a murderous rampage to try and find you."