Chapter 4

Even though the house was huge, it still wasn't enough to hold all of the things in it.

Edward followed Tucker into his house with the little girl trailing behind him.

They all sat down at a table, and Tucker began apologizing for the mess.

"Even since my wife left us a few years back the cleaning hasn't really been up to par. But we manage, don't we Nina?"

The little girl nodded her head, and tugged on Alison's shirt.

"Do you wanna play with me?" She asked.

"Uhm.. Sure. Let's go outside, okay?"

Alison followed Nina out the door, leaving Tucker, Al, and Ed alone in the room.

"So, what brings you boys here?"

"We want to know more about bioalchemy." Ed said.

Tucker seemed intrigued, "For what reason?"

"Well....."

Edward was hesitant.. He hoped that he could avoid this question, but apparently he needed to show him the truth.

"If I tell you, you need to promise to keep this a secret." Ed told him.

"I promise."

Ed took off his coat and showed Tucker his automail arm. He pulled up his pant leg and showed off his automail leg too.

Alphonse took off his helmet to reveal the seal on the inside of his armor.

"Well look at that... You boys performed the forbidden taboo.. Didn't you?"

Ed nodded and pulled his coat back on.

"Yes.. And we need to understand more about bioalchemy so we can get our original bodies back."
"Well... The best I can do is show you my library. Its just downstairs, if you'll follow me."

The boys followed Tucker into a ginormous library. Almost as big as the federal one in the middle of the city.

"Feel free to look around."

"Thanks." The boys said.

The brothers went around the library and picked out all of the books they could find with the information they needed.

Edward sat in a corner, reading for what he thought was a few minutes, which turned out to be 2 hours.

Alison and Nina came inside from playing, and found Alphonse and Ed.

Al took a break to play with Nina, so Alison figured that she might as well take his place.

Ed watched as she plopped down a few feet away from him and sat crosslegged. She immediately devoted herself into a biomedical book.

"Hmpf.." Ed sighed.

Alison felt compelled to say something but refrained not wanting to make anything worse.

Edward continued reading until he came across a passage about something called a Philosopher Stone.

The philosopher stone is said to be able to reverse equivalent exchange. Whoever uses it gains great power. However, it cannot be found, it needs to be created.

The passage ended abruptly. He felt that there should be more.. There has to be more..

"What?"

Ed now realized that he had said that out loud..

"Uhm.. Nothing.."

"Well, it obviously something."

"Just keep reading your biomed book."