Chapter 20

Eds POV

I was sitting up in a chair... My arms were chained up behind me. Correction, arm.

The lady that was there before I blacked out was standing in front of me.

"Hey... What the hell!"

She started laughing and pulled off the wig. Turns out that was a dude.... Wow, he makes a really good lady.

"Heh, you look surprised. But it all went according to plan now didn't it."

"Who are you? Why are you doing this?"

"I go by many names. The neighborhood butcher, bastard.. But you can call me Barry... The chopper.." He said smiling.

I felt shivers go down my spine. I was helpless, I had no right arm so I couldn't transmute anything.

I noticed it laying on the table next to a butcher's knife.

He picked up the knife and stared at it.

"You want to know why I do this? Well, it all started with my wife. We had an argument one night and without thinking I chopped her to pieces. I felt horrible but at the same time... It gave me a rush like no other.. So, what do I want with you? Well, the answer is simple, I want you to be in tiny little bits."

He pulled a chain and Alison came flying into view. She was wrapped in chains and had a gag in her mouth. Her eyes were terrified and she tried to scream but it was muffled.

He grabbed her face and turned it towards him,"Now, you wouldn't want anything to happen to this little girl.. Now would you?"

"Get away from her!"

"Now now, I suggest you cooperate... Unless you want her guts spilled out on the floor."

Alison flinched and closed her eyes. Tears flowed from them and she was gasping for air..

Of course she would have a panic attack right at THIS moment.

I glared at Barry,"Why do you want us?"

He came towards me with the knife in hand and slahed at my left shoulder. My arm tensed and I bit my tongue so hard it started to bleed.

"Because I've been watching you two for quite some time. And you're just a broken and fucked up as I am."

"You're wrong... We're not anything like you.."

He reeled back and punched me in the face.

"I'm going to enjoy cutting your tongue out boy..."

He was thrown forward and fell into the wall.

Alison had used the chains as a zip line and kicked him into the wall behind me.

I finished drawing a transmutation circle with a loose screw I had found and it broke the chains.

Barry had started recovering so I had to work fast. I was able to unchain her just as barry had got up and tried to cut my hand off.

I grabbed my arm off the table an ran with Alison right behind me into the maze of animal bodies.

I was breathing so hard every time I exhaled a puff of air came out from my mouth like smoke.

"Alison, I need you to cover my mouth."

"What wh-"

"I need to put my arm back in and in order to do that the nerves need to connect which is extremely painful. So I need to make sure that I can keep my mouth shut."

She nodded and put her hand over my mouth.

I counted down to three and lodged the arm back into its socket. The nerves reconnected and I tried not to scream but a muffled one escaped my mouth.

But apparently Barry had the ears of a hawk because he had found us in an instant.

I grabbed Alison's hand and took off running, but he was close behind us.

I tripped on a pig body and Alison flew on top on me.

I transmuted my arm into a blade and shielded her from the attacks. I covered her with my other arm. And everytime he hit my auto mail she would make a small screaming noise.

I thought that this was it. After all we've done... After I've went through I'm going to be killed by a phyco.

I kicked him with my automail leg and he went flying. The knife flew out of his hands and I ran to get it before him.

I grabbed it and held up my bladed arm to him.

"BROTHER STOP!"

Someone grabbed my arm, and I took the knife in my had and slashed behind me.

It hit metal, and I noticed it was Al.

"Its going to take a lot more than that to kill me..."