Chapter 40

Alison

The sound of metal meeting flesh snapped me out of my daze. I lifted my head off he ground and saw Ed in combat with Ashleigh.

No.... I don't want him involved in this.... If he gets hurt...

Ed seemed to be doing pretty well though. Considering he was still injured, he had the upper hand....

I never noticed how much muscle he had....

"Alison! Get the stone!" He yelled from across the way.

I looked on the ground a few feet away from me and saw the glowing rock laying on the dirt.

I grabbed it before anyone else could have the chance to...

This rock... Was made of me... My blood is the only thing keeping this together.... What would happen if I used it? Would it have any effect on me? Would it backfire and kill me? Would it help save everyone here?......

I stared intently at it, studying it... Measuring it's size and weight in my head.... How could such a small thing cause so much horror...

My parents..... This is what they died for.... This was why they were killed.... Out of jealousy.... Out of hatred... And this was what would avenge them...

I swallowed the rock and dropped to the ground. My veins felt like someone was pumping lead through them, and everything in my body felt heavy.

It felt amazing.

My eyes snapped towards Ashleigh as he sent Ed flying.

Edwards eyes turned wide as he looked at me. He dropped to his knees and kept telling me to stop.

But I couldn't. Not now. Not when I can finally get my revenge towards the man who fucked my life over from the start.

I put my hand out in front of me, and blood from a wound on my bicep ran down my forearm and out towards the bastard. It shot sharp spears connecting back to me into his shoulder.

He yelled in pain and held where it struck him. He tried to break them off but I held it firmly.

"You bastard. You lied to me... You killed your own family and countless others..... And to add onto that using my blood as a reactant to make a philosopher stone.... Well now I think its time you get a taste of your own medicine!"

He broke away the spears and I charged toward him and kicked him in the torso.

He tries using alchemy to hold me back but it was no use. I was too fast and powerful for him with this stone...

To think that hours ago I was inches away from death, and now I've never felt so alive.

With his bum shoulder, he was practically useless.. But he still tries to put up a fight. However, I was still kicking his ass big time.

I transmuted and pillar that came out from the ground and sent him rolling close to the cliff side.

I walked over slowly towards him. Ed continued to yell at me, but I wasn't even listening. I didnt care.

He ran up to me and tried to tackle me to the ground, but I transmuted hands that kept him held down.

"Dont get in my way." I said.

"YOU'LL SOLVE NOTHING BY KILLING HIM! THINK OF MAES! WHAT WOULD HE THINK?!"

I stopped dead in my tracks and widened my eyes.

"He was always your father. And Gracia was your mother, as well as Elesia as your sister! They were always your family! He wasn't!"

His words sank in and I felt the power inside me start to calm. My heart hurt as I imagined how my father would feel if he saw me... If any of them saw me...

Even having Ed seeing me like this.... And Alphonse... God even Mustang....

He's right..... I may have been born into that family... But it wasn't the one I was raise in...

I have all the family I need....

"ALISON!"

Ashleigh sprung up and tried to push me over the cliff, but Ed pushed me out of the way.

Ashleigh hung over the side and clung onto the cliff.

I ran over and Reached out my hand.

"Take my hand!"

".....Maybe I was wrong about you.... Maybe you weren't such a bratty little sister after all...."

"NO-"

But it was too late. He let go and fell down into the lava flowing below.

I Had to watch as he was burned alive by the magma slowing down the canyon. It was horrifying to see him slowly sinking in to his immediate death...

I felt all of the energy inside me drain out, and horrible sickness rose up into my throat.

I turned to my side on my hands and knees and vomited up blood and a small glowing stone.

It fell to pieces and the wind carried away the dust left by it.

I stood and turned around to Ed. He was concerned and obviously still trying to process what happened. But I guess I was too....

I wiped the blood from my chin and tried to walk, but immediately collapsed onto the ground.

The stone took almost all of my energy to use it's power... and I could barely even stay conscious.

"Alison! Hold on! Stay awake!"