Chapter 21

Alison clutched Edwards shirt. She refused to let go of him, between immense fear and adrenaline she was a mess. Ed had his metal arm around her to make her feel safer. A blanket was around his shoulders since he had given his coat to alison.

They sat on the front step of the butcher shop while military men made their way in and out of the building. They were instructed to stay there until mustang arrived.

When they brought Barry out in handcuffs Alison's grip tightened. She tensed up and followed him with her eyes. Barry smiled maniacally as they closed the police car door. It sent a shiver down both of their spines.

Al stood behind them and watched the rain keep falling.

"Al..." Ed said

"Hmm?"

"Thanks for saving our asses." He said with a smile.

Alison sat up and put her arms on her knees.

"I really thought he was going to kill us..... And then both of you came back for me...... I promise, I'll do whatever I can to help you guys get your bodies back.." She said with a slight smile.

Ed felt shocked. He'd never had anyone who cared so much about them beside maybe Winry and Granny...

He put his hand on her shoulder,"We're partners... That what we do, we stick together."

She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. She grabbed Alphonse and pulled him into a group hug.

She noticed Eds shoulder was covered in blood from the gash he had.

"Your shoulder..."

Ed looked at it and winced when he tried to move it,"Eh, it's nothing."

"C'mon, let me see."

She was able to draw a small transmutation circle with the blood and put her hand over it. A small light appeared under her hand, and Ed felt a slight energy pass through him.

When she removed her hand, there was only a small flesh wound.

"Woah, how did you do that?!" Al asked in amazement.

"Alkahestry can do amazing things. I'm still gonna have to disinfect it when we get home."

"Oh great." Ed said rolling his eyes.

Mustang finally took his own sweet time arriving and looked pissed.

"What the hell happened?"

They explained all sides of the story. His face turned from annoyed to downright furious.

"You should know better than to go wandering the streets alone! Especially with all these people going around wanting your head!" He scolded them.

"And you.... I would expect better from you..." He said looking down at Alison.

She lowered her head and sighed.

Ed felt a sudden burst of rage and protectiveness. He stood up and yelled as loud as he could.

"MUSTANG!"

The colonel turned around in surprise to see the angsty teenager yelling at him.

"Fullmetal-"

"She just lost one of the most important people in her life and was almost killed by a phyco! And you feel the need to scold her for not fighting?! Thats sick Mustang!"

"Fullmetal that's eno-"

"NO! You don't understand how it feels until you've lost it yourself!"

"I HAVE FULLMETAL! I've lost almost everyone that I've ever cared about! I'm not yelling at her because I'm ashamed of her, I'm yelling at her because I want her to do better! She's my student and I'm the teacher! You don't get to tell me how to my job!"

Edward stood with his eyes lowered but felt defeated.

Alison and Al were completely shocked. They stared at the two with wide eyes. Alison's mouth hung open a bit and she felt.... Warm..

No one had ever stood up for her like that before.

Ed turned around and saw them. The rain was still coming down...

He had no idea what had come over him... He's never done that... It felt... Good..

He felt good...