Chapter 3

Alison got up before dawn the next morning. Partly because she couldn't sleep... But she had work to do anyways.

She and Mustang had made a deal, that if he were to train her she would help him with his paper work... Which mainly ment that she had to do all of his paper work..

She tried to be quiet while getting ready so she didn't wake anyone. Especially the little runt sleeping in the room next to her.

She was sure she would go insane if she had to work with that one for 3 months. But she wanted this more than ever, and would do what she could to get it.

She put her hair up in a bun and changed into a white buttoned down shirt, and black leggings with brown boots.

Eventhough she would probably be on the field a lot, she wanted to look presentable.

She left her room and grabbed the keys on the counter... But something felt off... She felt like... She was being watched....

A pair of glowing eyes pierced the darkness, they were pinkish red and were staring right at her.
Without hesitation, she grabbed one of her fathers throwing knives off the counter and threw it at the stranger.

It heard like it had hit metal, and fell to the floor with a clang.

"Wait! Its me, Alphonse!"

The metal armored boy stepped in the moonlight that dawned from the window.

"God, way to give me a heart attack."

"I-im sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"No, no... Its fine... What are you doing up so early, the sun hasn't even risen yet.."

"I.. Uh... Couldn't sleep. And I suppose I should be asking you the same thing."

Al was so polite.. Alison started to question if the two were even related..

"Ive uh.. Got some work to do. Mustang needs me to help with his work."

"The colonel?"

"Yeah, he was my mentor. I made a deal that if her were to train me I'd help him with his office work."

"Oh... Well, good luck I guess. I saw how much he has.. Seems like he doesn't like to do it that often."

"Heh. Yeah..."

Alison didn't want to be rude, but she was really curious as to why he's in his armor this early...

"Hey.. Can I ask you something?"

"Oh... Uhm yeah I guess so..."

"Why do you wear that armor all of the time? Like, doesn't it get hot or uncomfortable?"

"Well.. I uh.... Yeah it does, sometimes. But I guess I'm just so used to wearing it that it doesn't bother me."

"Hmm.. Well I suppose you have your reasons.."

Al and Alison sat in silence for a few seconds...

"Well.. I guess I should get going."
"Yeah.. We'll see you this afternoon."

"Yep, bye."

"Bye."

.............................

Alphonse felt horrible for not telling her about their secret, but he was instructed to not tell anyone.. Why?.. Well, he didn't know. But for whatever reason, he did as he was told..

Al wasn't physically capable to sleep, but he didn't mind. He liked having his alone time.

The thing he missed the most though, was being able to eat.