They All Know

Season: Two

Episode: Pretty Much Dead Already

*Ryan's POV*

The next day, I decided to visit Daryl and see how he was doing. However, I arrived to Glenn standing up and telling the group something very important.

"Um, guys?" he started. I quickly climbed up a tree and watched from above. Every eye turned to Glenn. 

"So..." he muttered. "The barn is full of walkers." 

"What the-- whoa!" I yelled as I fell out of the tree and landed by Glenn's feet.

"So..." I smirked. "You found out." Shane stalked up to me and forcefully pulled me to my feet.

"Hey, watch it!" Daryl warned. I pulled away from Shane.

"You knew?" he hissed. 

"Of course I knew, Deputy Dipshit. I live here, don't I?" I scoffed. 

"You didn't think it would be a good idea to tell us?" Andrea frowned. 

"Listen," I sighed. "My family thinks those things are people. Maggie's sort of on the fence with it. But I know a dead asshole when I see one. But I promise you, the barn is secure. See for yourself." 

---

Shane peered through a crack in the barn. A walker snarled at him and he backed away quickly. 

"You cannot tell me you're alright with this," he hissed at Rick. 

"No, I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land," Rick said. 

"This is our lives!" Shane yelled. 

"Lower your voice," Glenn said in a hushed tone. 

"We can't just sweep this under the rug," Andrea defended Shane. 

"It ain't right. Not remotely," Shane said. "Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go."

"You have my full approval if you want to take them out," I said. 

Shane nodded, "Now, we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time."

"We can't go!" Rick yelled. 

"Why, Rick? Why?" Shane taunted. 

"Because my daughter is still out there," Carol answered. 

"Okay," Shane laughed. I shit you not. He laughed. "Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility."

"Shane, we're not leaving Sophia behind," Rick snapped. 

"I'm close to findin' this girl," Daryl added. Tell 'em, man! "I just found her damn doll two days ago."

"And I got shot in the process, y'all better keep that in mind!" I stood next to Daryl. 

"You found her doll, Daryl," Shane snickered. "That's what you did. You found a doll."

"You don't know what the hell your talkin' about!" Daryl hissed. Rick held out a hand to stop him from jumping Shane's ungrateful ass. 

"I'm just saying what needs to be said," Shane said. "You get a good lead, it's in the first forty-eight hours."

"Shane, stop!" Rick commanded. 

"Let me tell you something else, man," Shane continued. "If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction!"