Carl Grimes: Resident Badass

Season: Seven

Episode(s): Sing Me A Song

*Ryan's POV*

It's been a day since we collected our first tribute from Alexandria. Hear that? I said "we". That wasn't good. I shouldn't be feeling at home with Negan and the Saviors. But, I couldn't help it. Negan was a tremendous dork and I honestly couldn't help but smile whenever he spoke. 

I haven't seen Daryl ever since they made him work on the fence. I was terrified for him. 

I was having a relatively calm day. That all ended when I heard the gunfire. I ran outside to see a bunch of gunned-down and Carl sitting in a truck with a machine gun.

You heard me. Carl Mother-Fucking Grimes. 

"Stay back!" he yelled. "Drop your weapons. I only want Negan. He killed my friends. No one else needs to die."

"Carl!?" I gasped. "What the hell are ya doin'?"

"Getting you out, come on!" he gestured. Negan appeared and started whistling that horrendous tune. 

"Damn," he muttered and lazily wrapped an arm around me. "You are adorable. Did you pick that gun 'cause it looks cool? You totally did, right? Kid, I ain't gonna lie-- you scare the shit outta me."

Dwight and a few men pounced on him. Carl gunned a few more men down before Dwight pinned him down. 

"Kid!" Dwight growled and pointed a gun at him. I whimpered and Negan clearly noticed. 

"Dwight," he said. "Back off." I looked around and saw Daryl peeking through the fences in shock. Dwight took Carl's knife from his belt. 

Negan wandered over to Carl and held out a hand, "Is that any way to treat our new guest? Come on, kid. I will show you around."

In the corner of my eye, I saw a walker lunge for Daryl. 

"Daryl!" I shrieked. He looked at the walker at the last possible moment and dodged it. I sighed with relief. 

"You know, you do the same damn stink-eye as your dad," Negan pointed out, "except it's only half as good 'cause... well, y'know, you're... missing an eye."

Carl glared at him with defiance. Negan clearly did not appreciate that. 

"Really?" he rolled his eyes. "You're really not gonna take my hand? 'Cause you're lucky you even still have a hand. Same as your boy Daryl over here, now that I think about it. How's the job going, Daryl? Hot enough for you? Yeah, it'd be tough with one arm."

Carl grunted and took Negan's hand. 

"Ah, smart kid," Negan said and pulled him up. "Now come with me. Dwighty-boy, why don't you grab Daryl, take him to the kitchen, do a little grub prep. New plan, boys. Let's burn the dead, unload the truck later. Damn, I am not gonna have time to screw any of my wives today. I mean, maybe one."

He sauntered over to me and leaned in close, "If you're up for it, of course."

I elbowed him in the side and scoffed, "In your dreams, pretty boy." Daryl looked like he wanted to cut Negan's dick off and shove it down his throat. 

"Come on," Negan said to me and Carl. 

"What are you gonna do to me?" Carl asked. 

"Number one, do not shatter my image of you," Negan said. "You're a badass. You're not scared of shit. Don't be scared of me. It's a disappointment. Number two... you really want me to ruin the surprise? Screw you, kid. Seriously. Screw you." He patted my back and led me and Carl into the Sanctuary.