I See the Light

Season: Five

Episode(s): Remember

*Ryan's POV*

"Daryl is like a wild animal you find in an alley. When you approach him, he'll snarl. But give him food and warmth, and he'll follow you forever." -Norman Reedus

I returned at Alexandria and threw my bow across my room. I was so incredibly pissed at Aidan and his incompetence. 

"Whoa, what's up?" Enid said as she walked in.

"That jackass Aidan is gonna screw his own world up," I explained. 

"He'll get what he deserves," Enid promised. We sat in silence until Enid spoke up again in a timid voice. "Sorry if I weirded you out yesterday. I'm just kinda lonely."

"It's cool," I said. 

"Did I mention I've got a boyfriend?" Enid asked.

"Enid's got a boyfriend and I never knew about it say what?!" I looked at her. 

"His name's Ron and he's really sweet," Enid gushed. "He's been trying to get me to talk more, but I guess I'm just shy around boys." 

"Understandable, honey," I said. Downstairs, someone knocked on the door. We walked downstairs to see Aaron. 

"You're back!" I exclaimed and gave him a quick hug.

"And I kept my promise," he winked. "Rick's a tough guy, I'll give him that." The color drained from my face.

"Wait, wait," Merle appeared. "You found them? Where?"

"They were in your barn," Aaron said. "Guess it was written in the stars." 

"Move!" I yelled and ran to the gates. Sure enough, Rick Grimes stood there in all his glory. My group was here.

My family. 

Maggie was the first to notice me. Her eyes widened and welled up with tears.

"Ryan!" she shrieked. Every head snapped to me. Beth started crying. My sisters and I broke into a run and met in the middle. We collapsed on each other, hugging and sobbing. 

I let them go and was met with a huge hug from Carl. I received hug after hug after hug from Rick, Michonne, Carol, Sasha, Glenn, and Noah.

Noah?!

"Noah, how did you--" I gasped. 

"Daryl and Carol went looking for you. I ran into them and they took me in," Noah explained.

Daryl. 

I turned to see Daryl embracing his brother. The sight was beyond sweet. 

"Looks like you finally got outta Georgia, jackass," I said on the verge of tears. Daryl turned to me and his eyes softened. 

He didn't hesitate and neither did I. Our arms were around each other in an instance. The man I loved was back with me. 

"Ryan, I'm so sorry," he gasped. "I shouldn't have let ya go, I should have protected you."

"Forget it," I said. "You're here and that's all I care about." When I let him go, I noticed Beth looked a little iffy. 

I noticed some new people in the group, but I shook it off. 

"Alright," I stood in front of everyone. "First things first: y'all have to do an interview with Deanna to see where you'll fit in. Then, hand over your guns to Olivia. Finally, we'll assign you houses. Merle, Enid, and I already have a house."