Part of Something Bigger

Season: Five

Episode(s): ??? (somewhere around the time Tyreese died)

*Ryan's POV*

Merle wrapped an arm around me and helped me off the RV. People were gathering around to see the new additions. 

A short middle-aged woman with short hair and a friendly complexion approached us.

"Hi," she greeted us. "I'm Deanna Monroe. I run this place and I'll be helping you fit in as comfortably as you wish. If you would follow me now, please."

Deanna led us to a house where a lady stood with a cart.

"I'm Olivia," she introduced herself. "I'd like you to put all your guns on this cart please. If you go outside the walls, you can check them out, but for now, they stay with me." She turned to me, "You can keep your bow." 

I pulled my handgun out of its holster and placed it on the cart. Enid did the same with a 9mm that was in her backpack. Merle handed over his assault rifle reluctantly. 

"I'd like to interview each of you one at a time," Deanna said. "Ryan, how about we start with you?" 

"Okay," I nodded. Deanna led me to her house and I sat on a pretty floral couch.

"Do you mind if I tape this?" she asked. 

"No problem," I shrugged. 

"What's your full name?" Deanna asked.

"Ryan Melody Dix-- Greene. Ryan Melody Greene," I said quickly. 

"Previous occupation?"

"I was a tattoo artist in college." 

"Any significant talents?"

"I mean, I can sing, shoot a bow, and I'm learnin' to hunt." 

"Really?" Deanna smiled curiously. "We could use a hunter. Most of our food is canned; I'm sure everyone would enjoy some fresh meat. Who's teaching you? I'd love to meet them."

"I actually don't know where he is," I looked down. "We were separated a while ago." 

"I'm so sorry," Deanna said. "And what's your relation to the two others you arrived with?"

"Well, there's Merle," I started. "He's the big one. He and I knew each other before the turn for quite a while. I'd say we're very close friends. Then, there's Enid. She's young and her parents were killed by walkers. You can imagine the scars she has. Merle and I met her about a day ago."

"We have other kids here, too," Deanna said. "Jessie Anderson and Pete Anderson have two sons, Ron and Sam. Ron is about fifteen and Sam is ten. There's also Mikey, who's Ron's age." 

"One of my close friends was around Ron's age," I reminisced. "His name was Carl. I feel like they would get along."

Deanna stood up and shook my hand, "Thank you. I'll report back soon."

I walked outside and Aaron greeted me. 

"I heard about your missing group," he said. "If you want, Eric and I could go look for them. I just need some descriptions."

"You would do that?" I asked. Aaron nodded. 

"Okay," I started. "The leader's name is Rick Grimes. He's tall and carries a Colt Python. Second in command would be Daryl Dixon. He has brown shaggy hair and carries a crossbow. You'll also find a young boy, around age fifteen with brown hair and a sheriff's hat. That's Carl Grimes, Rick's son. If you've found all three, that's my group."