5 : The Past Explained

-17 Years Earlier-

"Team GODS. Your mission will be to enter the forest, secure the engine from the plane wreckage, and return safely.

Glynda Goodwitch, Ozpin Orientis, Clyde Drakken, and Sasha Sophia. I wish you four the best of luck on this mission." The headmaster said, nodding proudly in their direction. A much younger Clyde stood at attention, as if awaiting any command. 17 years ago was the team's second to last mission before the team officially broken up.

As the four entered the forest, Their eyes were peeled for any sign of movement. The forest, known as "Grimm Cleaver Woods", was infested with Grimm.

Glynda pulled her Riding Crop, a stick that was merely used as a wand, and started walking towards the forest slowly.

"So that's why she's team captain...." Sasha joked, following her.

----

"Leave, Ironwood." Clyde said again.

"I'm sorry, Drakken, but I have orders to detain you." Ironwood said, suddenly rushing forward with his fist extended.  Clyde was about to respond by turning around when Weiss suddenly appeared in front of him, taking Ironwood's charging fist and attempting to block it with her sword's flat edge. She was violently launched from her defensive position and thrown into the wall by Ironwood's strike.

"Weiss!" Ruby shouted as she ran towards her injured teammate behind Clyde. The rest of her team surrounded Weiss, looking on worried. Glynda was suddenly joining them, quickly dropping to her knees and checking for a pulse.

"She's alive."

Glynda suddenly felt the room grow hotter, like an intense flame had suddenly started.

"But Clyde doesn't know that." Glynda quickly thought, her head suddenly turning towards Clyde.

"You....." Clyde's voice seethed as he glared angrily at Ironwood who seemed shocked at his own actions. Clyde held a blazing blue aura around him, the flames dancing about angrily.

"Blue flames?" Glynda suddenly noticed that Clyde was about to leap forward, to inflict pain on Ironwood for harming his first student.

Before she could react, Clyde had already leapt forward and landed a heavy punch to Ironwood's face, sending him crashing through the wall behind him. Clyde slowly followed the flying body, suddenly finding himself outside with many broken walls behind him.

The snow was still falling, making smoke appear around Clyde wherever it touched his semblance. Ironwood slowly stood up, the snow marking where he'd landed.

"Clyde, I didn't mean to-" Ironwood began before Clyde's fist was suddenly launching him away again.

Back in the classroom, Glynda had called the school infirmary and was telling them to hurry to their current location. She quickly told the other students to take care of Weiss before jumping to her feet.

"This is bad." Glynda thought, rushing through the broken school walls. Some of the students noticed her frantic behavior and were confused. Who, or rather what, could make Glynda Goodwitch afraid and rash?

"If this continues...." Glynda felt the cold snowy air suddenly hit her face and body, surprising her.

"He might go insane again." Glynda said aloud, taking in a deep breath before rushing into the snowy field.