22 : The Fall Of Vale (Part 3)

Clyde swung his scythe at Salem and Cinder, holding it with only one hand. When Salem and Cinder easily dodged, he quickly blinked forward and struck Salem in the face with his knee. He then spun in the air, landing a devastating kick that also hit her head and stunned her. He then quickly turned around, using the area where he held the scythe to block Cinder's incoming swords. He then violently forced the swords out of her hands by turning his body, Cinder narrowly dodging the scythe's sharp blade as he did so. She tumbled to the ground before jumping for her swords.

Clyde jumped from his former place before being forced to block the bone-like sword Salem had produced. She was unwounded, as if his attacks had not even tickled her.

"Impressive. However, if this is all that you are capable of, I am afraid you are nowhere near the level of power that you need to be in order to defeat me." Salem then kicked Clyde in the lower ribcage, sending him flying into Vale's wall.

Clyde's body crashed into the stone-like wall, a crater being created in the wall's exterior. Clyde's body was at the center of the crater, unmoving as Salem approached his body.

She suddenly stopped as the black flame suddenly engulfed him.

---

Clyde suddenly awoke, his entire body numb. Before him was what looked like a screen portraying him losing his mind. His eyes had lost their pupils and his semblance had suddenly gone haywire. He watched as he screamed in anger and pain, his semblance evaporating anything near them. Clyde couldn't be sure, but he thought he saw himself smiling as his semblance destroyed everything. This scene was from years ago, when he had just recovered from his fight with Darius.

Then, the screen switched. The scene being shown in front of him was when Daina had been killed by Black Claw members. The same thing happened, only this time his body didn't scream in pain or anger. It just seethed, almost. He saw that his teeth were clenched, his knuckles turning white. A wicked smile was made from his clenched teeth.

Again, the scene switched. This one was more recent, from  when he first attempted to return to Atlas. The plane had crashed, knocking Clyde unconscious. He'd awoken to see that he had survived the crash, but many people did not. His anger was suddenly released by some unknown force, his power soon taking over his mind. He laughed this time, as if he was finally free. He then struck out at anything moving, a falling leaf, a deer passing by, the tree swaying in the wind.

Then, the screen turned off. Clyde suddenly became aware of his surroundings. He was floating in what looked like space, but he couldn't be sure. Technically, he wasn't sure what he was doing here. He needed to wake up and fight Salem and his sister.

"Do you know why this happened?" A deep voice suddenly asked him.

"It happened because you were too weak." The male suddenly appeared in front of Clyde, the familiar wicked smile crossing his face.

"Who the hell are you?" Clyde asked. "And where the hell am I?"

"Isn't it obvious!? I'm you! And we're inside your mind, dumbass!" Clyde's eyes widened as he realized that the figure in front of him looked exactly like him. Of course, there were noticeable differences but he was the spitting image of Clyde.

"You're me? I find that hard to believe." Clyde said, stretching his arms out.

"Of course, dimwit. Are you even listening? Or are you just too stupid?" The figure retorted.

"What did you mean 'I was too weak'?" Clyde asked suddenly. The figure took several steps back before laughing.

"Every time you couldn't handle something, you resorted to me. That pathetic slideshow earlier? Those were the examples." The "Dark Clyde" said.

"You know, now that I think about it, Green-ass Ozpin and Baby Face Glynda were there too. Ozpin calls me "Dark"."

"Forget this. I need to get back to the real world and finish my fight." Clyde said, turning his back on Dark Clyde. The male behind him suddenly laughed.

"You're really stupid, aren't you!?" Dark Clyde said as the screen Clyde was watching earlier suddenly turned back on.

"What do you think I've been doing this whole time!?" Dark Clyde said as Clyde turned around and watched Dark Clyde pummel his two opponents.

---

Dark Clyde easily dodged Salem's sword sing before using his knee to strike at her stomach area, using more force to send her flying. He then easily blocked Cinder's own sword by catching it in mid-air.

"This all?" Dark Clyde said before throwing Cinder backwards and laughing.

"Clyde couldn't beat the two of you!? How pathetic!" Dark Clyde then jumped upwards, dodging Cinder's rushed attacks easily. Cinder then barrel rolled backwards, her swords extended at Clyde's heart.

"Cinder." Salem called out, her voice taking on the commanding tone she'd become quite famous for.

"Stay out of this." Salem ordered, dropping her bone-sword.

"It's been quite sometime, my child." Salem said, her eyes suddenly scanning her left hand which she had brought closer to her face.

"You owe me. You imprisoned me inside this fucking human! He was dead before! His body fucking stunk!" Dark Clyde suddenly walked forward, taking two steps in her direction. Salem suddenly had a spear in her hands, the sharp tip pointed in Clyde's direction.

"Do not lie to me. I know that you plan on attacking as soon as you get in range." Dark Clyde smiled at this.

"Oh but Mother..... I already am in range." Dark Clyde suddenly teleported next to Salem, out of reach from the sharp tip of the spear she held and easily struck her side with his scythe, cutting her in half.