16 : Confrontation

Clyde stepped off the borrowed bullhead, his eyes instantly setting on the castle that stood high above the city. He noticed that the city hadn't changed much in his absence, still keeping the very old fashioned style that looked like something out of a medieval movie. He sighed, walking towards the castle. With the city relatively unchanged, the route was very familiar to him. It seemed that the residents still did not remember his face as he strode through the streets freely without any reaction. 

"Are you ready, Clyde?" Xander's voice suddenly popped in his head from earlier. 

"Ready."  He replied as he stood at the ready inside the small, lowered arena that Xander's men had helped to build years ago. He held his scythe with both hands, the blade curved towards Xander's opposing spear. 

"3." The referee said, holding three fingers up to the left of Clyde. 

"2." The referee said again, putting one finger down as he did so. Clyde saw Xander tighten his grip on his spear. 

"1." The referee suddenly dropped his hand, signaling the beginning of the duel. Xander dashed forward incredibly fast, so fast that Clyde barely had time to dodge his strike. 

Clyde suddenly caught the silhouette of a very familiar figure in the window of the castle. His eyes widened before he began sprinting to the castle, his mind quickly running through the familiar route. exactly 194 steps forward past the bakery that read "Tanner's Bakery", note the jewelry store to the right before taking two more rights after, then quickly running through the abandoned alley and finally turning to his left to find the large fence that separated the castle from the kingdom. His eyes suddenly took an intense look as he spotted the familiar silhouette in the window again. 

"Glynda." He breathed, clenching his fist as he suddenly activated his semblance and walked forward. 

"I think that's enough." a very bloodied Xander said, the tip of his spear pointed at Clyde who was disarmed and lying on his back, exhausted. 

"The winner is me." Xander said, keeping the spear pointed at Clyde. Clyde's body suddenly disappeared in a haze of black smoke, an act which startled Xander. It was only when a knee was suddenly shoved into his face when he knew that Clyde had used his semblance to create a clone of himself on the floor to keep him busy. 

"Winner my ass." Clyde replied, grabbing his scythe from the ground. 

"This isn't over till one of dies." 

Clyde blasted two guards out of his way, using his semblance to fire a blast of flames at them. The guards were sent flying, their bodies being used as battering rams to break open the large front doors that stood multiple feet high. 

"Intruder!" many guards shouted, gathering only to be blown away by Clyde's semblance. He eventually made his way to the King's hall, the only place his father would be. He blasted the doors open once he found the room again, walking through with an even more angered look on his face. 

"Ah, the devil. It seems you've finally returned home." His father's relaxed voice said, taking a cherry from the bowl next to his throne and popping it into his mouth. 

"Where is she?" Clyde asked, suddenly drawing his scythe from his semblance. His father smirked at this, taking another cherry from the bowl. 

"And just whom are you talking about?" His father goaded, releasing the the cherry from his fingers and letting it fall into his mouth. Before the cherry reached it's designation, Clyde had fired a wave of flames by swinging his scythe that burnt the cherry into ash. The ash suddenly landed in Drako's mouth, causing the male to spit repeatedly. 

Clyde suddenly made his semblance visible, inflating his blue flames so that the heat could be felt outside of the large and luxurious castle. 

"I'm not fucking kidding." Clyde said, his voice in a low and angry tone as if he was a panther that could pounce at any moment. His father smiled. 

"You won't be fighting me. You are not yet qualified." Drako suddenly got off his throne, signaling to someone on his right hidden from view. Clyde took a step back, not believing what he was seeing. 

"Glynn?" He breathed, watching as Glynda Goodwitch stood by his father, a pink glare emitting from her eyes. She suddenly extended her right arm, pointing her Riding Crop at him. He felt himself being lifted into the air, then thrown backwards violently. He crashed through the wall, finding himself back in the hallway. He stood up quickly before Glynda's influence suddenly lifted him into the air yet again. 

"I'll leave the two of you to catch up." His father said, bowing to Glynda and quickly exiting through another doorway. 

"Glynn.... Please..." Clyde said as he felt her semblance forcing onto his neck, cutting off the blood flow and airflow in his body. She was strangling him using her own powers, and yet Clyde did nothing. He merely struggled against her power, his right arm reaching out to her. Of course, he couldn't make contact. She was several feet and a broken wall away. 

"Enough of this." Glynda said suddenly. Clyde could tell it was her voice, her own lovely tone speaking but he knew it wasn't her. 

"I've had enough of your lies." Glynda suddenly released him, letting his body drop to the floor. Clyde landed heavily, coughing and holding his neck. 

"You left. Do you know how badly I wanted you to come back for all of those years?" Glynda accused him, walking towards him. 

"Do you have any idea of the pain that I went through because you couldn't take it anymore?" Glynda said, switching her Riding Crop to her left hand as Clyde finally caught his breath. She suddenly raised her right arm bringing it down to slap him across the face. 

"I hate men like you." She said before turning around and walking back to the throne. Clyde suddenly made his scythe disappear, using his semblance to restock it in his flames. 

"Maybe you do hate men like me." Clyde said, slowly standing up. 

"But even if you do, there's something I never told you." Clyde said as he suddenly used his semblance to equip another weapon, this time to his wrists. Flames gathered around his wrists and hands, soon disappearing to reveal gauntlets. Glynda eyed those gauntlets, the shock evident in her features. 

"You remember these, don't you?" Clyde asked, inspecting the gauntlets that expertly gripped wrists and hands. The intricate golden linings covered the white gauntlets, crossing over on the top of the gauntlets to create golden wings. 

"They're Sasha's." Glynda breathed, the pink glare weakening from her eyes.